+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photocopies of passport biographical page

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
Hi all, I have a question about the photocopies of passport. In the website it was said:

"Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent."

In my case I got a new passport in 2013 Jan and landed as a PR in 2015 Apr. Do I just submit the photocopy of my current passport if I apply this month (2017 Oct), or do I have to submit the one before 2013 as well? My understanding from the description is that I only have to submit the new one. Please confirm if you can, thank you.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Hi all, I have a question about the photocopies of passport. In the website it was said:

"Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent."

In my case I got a new passport in 2013 Jan and landed as a PR in 2015 Apr. Do I just submit the photocopy of my current passport if I apply this month (2017 Oct), or do I have to submit the one before 2013 as well? My understanding from the description is that I only have to submit the new one. Please confirm if you can, thank you.
if you have passport on hand just send photocopy of every page including front and back to be safe even if passport expired or even travel since last 6yrs.

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010

Confirmed, you need to submit only the new one(The one issued in 2013)

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Thank you! I believe only biographical is needed since it is what gets requested - I don't think every page is needed as NewUser2018 said.
Yes, that's how I understand it...

matanglawain

Jun 22, 2017
I just wanted to ask, in my case i just recently submit my passport for renewal and it would take three months to get the new one. It is still valid for 6 months though. Do i need to wait for the new one to arrive even I have photocopies of the recent and expired ones.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
You need to submit ALL passports since you became PR, or for the past 6 years, whichever is longer. The bio pages are the picture page with all the pertinent information (name, DOB, place of birth, etc...). I provided a full photocopy of all our passports since we became PR and a translation of all non-english stamps. Although not required, it helped during my interview as the person had all the information prior to meeting us so it made the interview much faster.
Good luck!

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
You need to submit ALL passports since you became PR, or for the past 6 years, whichever is longer. The bio pages are the picture page with all the pertinent information (name, DOB, place of birth, etc...). I provided a full photocopy of all our passports since we became PR and a translation of all non-english stamps. Although not required, it helped during my interview as the person had all the information prior to meeting us so it made the interview much faster.
Good luck!
When was this interview? Is this the interview which took place during the citizenship test day? So your saying they had all your translated documents at the day of this interview?

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Good luck!
It is not "whichever is longer", it is whichever is shorter. The text is very specific and it says "whichever is most recent". "Which ever is longer" makes no sense because it would always be 6 years. Therefore, for someone who has been a PR for less than 6 years, they only have to provide passport bio pages for those that were valid from the moment they became a PR onward. If the person has been a PR for 6 or more years, they have to provide passport bio pages for the past 6 years only.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
When was this interview? Is this the interview which took place during the citizenship test day? So your saying they had all your translated documents at the day of this interview?
Yes, it was the interview at the test day. They will send you a notice to appear to take the citizenship test and it will list the documents you have to take with you. One of these documents is ALL passports that you submitted with your application and translated stamps (original translation certified by the translator).

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
It is not "whichever is longer", it is whichever is shorter. The text is very specific and it says "whichever is most recent". "Which ever is longer" makes no sense because it would always be 6 years. Therefore, for someone who has been a PR for less than 6 years, they only have to provide passport bio pages for those that were valid from the moment they became a PR onward. If the person has been a PR for 6 or more years, they have to provide passport bio pages for the past 6 years only.
OK.