+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photocopies of biographical pages of passports or travel documents

satz0852

Dec 9, 2017
Hi,

I am applying for citizenship. I found this "Photocopies of biographical pages of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years." ->

Is this only bio (front page of passport) of the passport or do we need to send photocopy of travel documents like US Tourist Visa, my student visa, work visa in Canada ?

And also there is a question asking "Have you held travel documents and/or passport during the 5 year eligibility period" ? -> My student visa, work visa are considered travel documents ? Can anyone please confirm ? Thanks.

Last edited:

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
For your first question - what does the document checklist say?

Second question - these are not considered travel documents.

satz0852

Dec 9, 2017
Hi @devnill thanks for reply.

The document checklist says "photocopies of biographical pages of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years."

What is considered a travel document. This term "travel document" is confusing me. Apart from passport what else is considered travel document ?

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Travel documents is mainly passports. Some European countries issue Identity Cards that can be used in place of passports when travelling within Europe only but I don't think this is common outside of Europe (I could be wrong). Things like visas are not travel documents as they generally require a passport to be valid, even the PR card is not considered a travel document.