+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photocopies of 2 ID's

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Hello all,

So if I want to send photocopies of my drivers license and medical card should I:

1) send a colored or a black and white photocopies?
2) put both sides of the card on one page or each side on a page?
3) should I enlarge the photocopy to make clearer/more readable or leave it the same size?

4)Also the IMM1000 is a long forum so it will not fit on an A4 paper what did you guys do when you photocopied it.

The reason I am asking is because I am applying in May and I can't make a mistake and have my file returned.

Thanks a lot for your help.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
na123 said:
Hello all,

So if I want to send photocopies of my drivers license and medical card should I:

3) should I enlarge the photocopy to make clearer/more readable or leave it the same size?

4)Also the IMM1000 is a long forum so it will not fit on an A4 paper what did you guys do when you photocopied it.

The reason I am asking is because I am applying in May and I can't make a mistake and have my file returned.

1 - either is fine.
2 - either is fine.
3 - not necessary.
4 - shrink it to A4.

Nuwa

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
na123 said:
Also, I think it is possible to take legal size photocopies so you don't have to reduce the size.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Same size copies probably preferred. Especially for documents like drivers license, health cards, or such.

While it is probably OK to photocopy something like the CoPR so as to fit it into a letter size page, and of course technically photocopiers cannot exactly copy what is being copied (due to legal restrictions imposed on the manufacture of photocopiers, to avoid easy duplication of original documents which cannot be readily distinguished, at least forensically, as copies), avoid altering the size as much as possible, particularly as to copies of identification.

In particular, enlarged photocopies of drivers licenses or health cards risk having the application returned.

Whether a drivers license is photocopied front and back on the same page (I did this by copying front onto paper already bearing copy of back) or on two pages should make no difference whatsoever.

Main thing is to make sure the photocopy is legible.

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
dpenabill said:
Same size copies probably preferred. Especially for documents like drivers license, health cards, or such.

While it is probably OK to photocopy something like the CoPR so as to fit it into a letter size page, and of course technically photocopiers cannot exactly copy what is being copied (due to legal restrictions imposed on the manufacture of photocopiers, to avoid easy duplication of original documents which cannot be readily distinguished, at least forensically, as copies), avoid altering the size as much as possible, particularly as to copies of identification.

In particular, enlarged photocopies of drivers licenses or health cards risk having the application returned.

Whether a drivers license is photocopied front and back on the same page (I did this by copying front onto paper already bearing copy of back) or on two pages should make no difference whatsoever.

Main thing is to make sure the photocopy is legible.
Thanks a lot.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
na123 said:
Hello all,

For Q4, I photocopied the form to the same exact size with a A3 paper and then folded it to A4 size in the package.