+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photo upload

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi, the photo you upload as part of the application. I am aware it needs to be taken commercially and details on the back, so I assume once done, they only want a scanned copy of this? and not electronic?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
You can just upload an electronic copy. Why go through the trouble of first printing a photo and then scanning it when you get directly upload a digital photo?

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Maverick28 said:
You can just upload an electronic copy. Why go through the trouble of first printing a photo and then scanning it when you get directly upload a digital photo?
because the photo has to be stamped and signed by the photographer as per the CIC requirements. so how can I upload a electronic copy with that on it? it would have to be printed, signed and re-scanned in!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
For submitting your application you just need to send an electronic copy. Next is when you need to submit your passport for PR stamping is when you need the hard copy with photographers details

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
olipearce1987 said:
because the photo has to be stamped and signed by the photographer as per the CIC requirements. so how can I upload a electronic copy with that on it? it would have to be printed, signed and re-scanned in!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Don't get confused with the online document. Follow the document checklist in your EE application. Click on the "?" next to the Digital Photo and you will get the requirements.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Maverick28 said:
Don't get confused with the online document. Follow the document checklist in your EE application. Click on the "?" next to the Digital Photo and you will get the requirements.
Is it possible to scan a passport size photo with highest quality and bring to CIC specs?