+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

photo speification & rejection of first PR card

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
hello

As i am planning to do a short landing in July or August for 10 days. I read many stories here about rejection of pr card because of photo error specially in small kids.
i want to inquire that is the same photo which is attached on COPR form will be used by immigration for pr card purpose or we need to submit new photo of each applicant at time of landing.
is it possible that i complete pr formalties not on airport but a day later after taking new photos in Canada with exact specification.

I am really worried as cant afford to fly again with all kids before 2 years.

pls help.
regards.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1- yes, same photos
2- no, you definitely can't

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
Hello,

Same question here, I have received our COPR for 3 persons, myself, my wife and my 1 year old child.... the photos attached to the copr were the ones sent at the time of the initial application (my child's photo taken when he was 1 week old, now its almost a year)... so when we do our landing, if they are going to use same photos attached t the COPR for the PR cards , then they will not be according to their specifications (as photos are older than 12 months and my child has changed sine then), our photos also have march 2011 written on the back.

So can i give them new photos in the airport at the time of landing according to their specifications, would they accept them.

Thank you

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
tarekcanada said:
Hello,

Same question here, I have received our COPR for 3 persons, myself, my wife and my 1 year old child.... the photos attached to the copr were the ones sent at the time of the initial application (my child's photo taken when he was 1 week old, now its almost a year)... so when we do our landing, if they are going to use same photos attached t the COPR for the PR cards , then they will not be according to their specifications (as photos are older than 12 months and my child has changed sine then), our photos also have march 2011 written on the back.

So can i give them new photos in the airport at the time of landing according to their specifications, would they accept them.

Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if they would accept new photos if you wanted to give to them in the airport. You can try it. Otherwise, you can keep the new photos yourself. If they inform you that some of the photos are not good, you may be able to mail them in. Even when you have the photos taken in Canada, there is no guarantee that they will be according to standard. You still need to inspect them yourself, for example the size of the face, looking directly at the camera, not smiling etc.

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
Thank you Leon

What i understood is that if there were problems with the photos you have to go in person to deliver them and can not mail them, and since i will be ot of Canada, then its not easy to apply for travel documents to enter Canada again.... In addition that i don't want to reach the point of rejecting PR card application due to old photos, which is not my mistake to begin with as they never asked for new ones at the time of PPR or any other stage.... Do you think i shoud ask my Visa Office for their opinion or whether new COPR with new photos need to be issued. It would deffinetly be much easier if i can give the new photos at the POE when landing..

Thank you again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you think is wrong with the photos you already have?

I have heard of people who have been asked to appear with their photos but I have also heard of people who were asked to mail them in.

tarekcanada

Jan 23, 2012
I still did not land.... now i think i will take new photos with the specifications they want at time of landing just in case...
The ones that are attached on the COPR they sent me are the ones they are supposed to use for the PR cards, correct? if this is true and they dont take the new photos in the airport then i am sure the PR cards will not be issued and later will ask to submit new photos.... why, because the photos on the COPR are more than 12 months old, my son was 1 week old in the photo, now he is 1 year old..... they were the photos we used when we first submitted the immigration application, i dont think they were as strict with these specifications and head measurements as when it comes to PR cards....

I will carry with me new photos, but my concern is whether the IO will accept taking them at the time of landing and to use them for the PR cards rather than using the ones already attached on the COPR

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, they have not changed the requirements for the PR card photos. You should carry the new photos with you and offer them to immigration as you land. They will not request a new photo of your son just because he is older now. He will continue to change in the next years but the PR card is valid for 5 years and they do not request children to get a new one more often.