+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo Scan

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Hi , As per this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

It says the photo size should be 50*70mm and we should scan the front & back side of the photo , when we do that & merge it into 1 pdf to upload , it is coming one below the other . Is that fine ? Or only the front side of the photo should be uploaded ?

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi , As per this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

It says the photo size should be 50*70mm and we should scan the front & back side of the photo , when we do that & merge it into 1 pdf to upload , it is coming one below the other . Is that fine ? Or only the front side of the photo should be uploaded ?
I think these requirements are for PPR photographs. While uploading digital photographs for ITA, I don't think you need the back side of photograph. What does the requirement on the online application form say? I think it should be something like:

Frame Size:
• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
• The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
• The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
• Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution:
• If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
• The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
• The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
The specifications are different in that link and the application form ,that's the confusion. Which one to follow ? :(
In that link it says the specifications are for submitting a complete electronic application post ITA . That's what we are doing.. for PPR we have to submit photograph again?

I think these requirements are for PPR photographs. While uploading digital photographs for ITA, I don't think you need the back side of photograph. What does the requirement on the online application form say? I think it should be something like:

Frame Size:
• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
• The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
• The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
• Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/resolution:
• If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
• The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
• The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
• The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.

larack

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
The specifications are different in that link and the application form ,that's the confusion. Which one to follow ? :(
In that link it says the specifications are for submitting a complete electronic application post ITA . That's what we are doing.. for PPR we have to submit photograph again?
Follow the one in your online application. What specifications do they recommend? Yes, you need to submit physical copies for PPR and for those you need to specify the address/date of photographer on the back.

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Follow the one in your online application. What specifications do they recommend? Yes, you need to submit physical copies for PPR and for those you need to specify the address/date of photographer on the back.
Okay Thanks !

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ashi214 Yes, when you scan and pic, you will have the front and the back one below the other. This is absolutely fine. When you receive the PPR, along with the passport, you will also send the photographs, these are the ones which will be on your PR card.

So not need to worry, just go ahead and submit the digital pics.

ashi214

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Bangalore
NOC Code......
@ashi214 Yes, when you scan and pic, you will have the front and the back one below the other. This is absolutely fine. When you receive the PPR, along with the passport, you will also send the photographs, these are the ones which will be on your PR card.

So not need to worry, just go ahead and submit the digital pics.
Thanks so much !!

NSA82

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, I have a question regarding the photographs that need to be submitted with the passports. The guidelines say it should be unaltered in any way. Does that mean that it should not have the basic picture corrections as well like cropping excess hair in the photo, clearing any spots in the background? Will that be considered tampering. The face features, complexion has not been touched.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
The size 35*45 would never have 420 x 540. I think it comes to 413 x 532. Would anyone know if that is fine.

Aman2019ir

Nov 3, 2020
hi, I have a question regarding the photos. It says we need to submit all files in black and white format. Should the photos be in color or back and white?

SM1990

Mar 20, 2024

Hi,

I have the same situation. I scanned the photo and uploaded it (front and back) as a pdf file respecting the size of the photo... will that be okay?