+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo retake request after completing the Landing formalities

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi,

I did my landing on Feb 03, 2020 and then I returned back to India on Feb 06, 2020. On Feb 12, 2020 I received a email from IRCC requesting for new set of photos as the old ones did not meet the specifications. I couriered the photos to Sydney, NS card processing center on Feb 21, 2020 via DHL. After that I couldn't get any update regarding the delivery of the photos nor any acknowledgement from IRCC. It has been nearly 2.5 months since my landing and I am very worried about my PR card. But DHL tracking says item delivery has been arranged.

I have not received any update on my CIC account as well. I am also not able to link my PR card application to the account. When I emailed IRCC, they said the photo retake requests sent before Feb 06, 2020 are still being processed so they told they would get back to me in case of any requirements.

Could anyone let me know if this is normal and please guide me how to link my pr cad application to my account. Is it an issue since I left canada in a short span of time after my landing?. I would really appreciate your reply. Thank you.

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Did you receive your PR card? I am kind of in the same boat, only difference being I am in USA. I am yet to receive my PR card after photo re-submission. Got the exact reply as you from IRCC. There are many people who do a soft landing(land and leave in a short span) and to my knowledge that is not an issue at all.

Could you keep me posted on your status? Good Luck.

Reactions: gokul0989

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Did you receive your PR card? I am kind of in the same boat, only difference being I am in USA. I am yet to receive my PR card after photo re-submission. Got the exact reply as you from IRCC. There are many people who do a soft landing(land and leave in a short span) and to my knowledge that is not an issue at all.

Could you keep me posted on your status? Good Luck.
Hi @ssen11 I haven't received my PR card yet. Still I am getting the same reply from IRCC. But they said the application is in process and due to shortage of resources they are having a backlog since February for photo retake requests. Alternatively, I applied for my PRTD through email and got it approved. Now, I have to wait until VAC's are opened so that I can get the visa counterfoil stamped for travel.

Good luck and lets hope PR cards would be mailed out soon.

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi @ssen11 I haven't received my PR card yet. Still I am getting the same reply from IRCC. But they said the application is in process and due to shortage of resources they are having a backlog since February for photo retake requests. Alternatively, I applied for my PRTD through email and got it approved. Now, I have to wait until VAC's are opened so that I can get the visa counterfoil stamped for travel.

Good luck and lets hope PR cards would be mailed out soon.
Thanks a bunch for your reply. However, for PRTD, how did you prove your residency obligation since, you are a new PR outside Canada? Can you tell me the documents you submitted?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks a bunch for your reply. However, for PRTD, how did you prove your residency obligation since, you are a new PR outside Canada? Can you tell me the documents you submitted?
Since we are a recent PR automatically you meet the RO. There is a new email application now being opened for PRTD due to this Covid. I just provided my COPR and One time entry visa to prove my RO. The documents I submitted are 1. PRTD application. 2. Documents Checklist. 3. Photo soft cop. 4. List of activities that I have done after becoming PR. 5. Fee payment receipt. 6. COPR and One time entry visa copy. 7. Passport copy old and new and any visa and other stamping on passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html - check this page

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
T
Since we are a recent PR automatically you meet the RO. There is a new email application now being opened for PRTD due to this Covid. I just provided my COPR and One time entry visa to prove my RO. The documents I submitted are 1. PRTD application. 2. Documents Checklist. 3. Photo soft cop. 4. List of activities that I have done after becoming PR. 5. Fee payment receipt. 6. COPR and One time entry visa copy. 7. Passport copy old and new and any visa and other stamping on passport.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html - check this page
Thank you once again :)

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi @gokul0989 Although I have heard conflicting opinions on whether or not I should proceed with PRTD, I am inclining towards it. Can you please tell me if PRTD has a validity period and if yes, can I apply for one with date in 2021? If I don't travel by that date, then will I be allowed to apply for PRTD again( in case I still don't receive my PR card)?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi @gokul0989 Although I have heard conflicting opinions on whether or not I should proceed with PRTD, I am inclining towards it. Can you please tell me if PRTD has a validity period and if yes, can I apply for one with date in 2021? If I don't travel by that date, then will I be allowed to apply for PRTD again( in case I still don't receive my PR card)?
Hi, Yeah I saw the posts in the other forum. As far as my PRTD, they have not given any specific expiry date. They have told, if I need to travel very urgently, I can provide the flight tickets and obtain a Letter of Authorization. Or they have told me to wait until VAC's open and then submit my passport to get it stamped. So, PRTD remains approved, and based on our travel plans they will issue the Letter of Authorization or the stamping with a specific expiry date on it.

Reactions: ssen11

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
You can mention the date in 2021. Just get a approval now by applying and then you can submit passport at a later stage once you are all set to move and get the visa counterfoil.