+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo requirement for PR card

mngarg

Nov 21, 2016
I m currently on PR in Canada and got additional photo request but my agent WWIcS is not releasing that request email from CIC unless I pay them $600.
Ehat are my options?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your post is not clear are you an already landed PR ? Is this a request for new photos from CIC after your initial landing ? Why are you using an agent for such a simple process as applying for a PR card if you have already landed ? Maybe clarify your situation.

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Hi Experts,

I landed on 6th April 2018 with my Family (Wife+Daughter) and traveled back to Dubai after staying for a week. Yesterday I received email for Photo Re-submission my PR application number. I asked my friend (in Canada) to send the photos which he sent by Canada Ordinary Post without tracking number.

I feel Re submission request is because COPR photos were more than 6 months old. I have below questions, please help to ease the tension.

1. How we can check if photos have reached CIC or not, without tracking number?
2. There is no email for Spouse and Daughter Photo re-submission however their photos were more than 6 month old as well, Shall I send photos of my wife & Daughter with Suplementry identification Form or wait till i get email or letter on the address provided?
3. Shall I send the photos for me again by DHL Dubai to ensure atleast those can be tracked?
4. Would there be any problems sending photos from Overseas as I am not in the Canada physically now.
5. Shall I apply for PRTD and if yes, what reasons could be valid to ensure approval on PRTD.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Kamal Goswami

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Experts,

I landed on 6th April 2018 with my Family (Wife+Daughter) and traveled back to Dubai after staying for a week. Yesterday I received email for Photo Re-submission my PR application number. I asked my friend (in Canada) to send the photos which he sent by Canada Ordinary Post without tracking number.

I feel Re submission request is because COPR photos were more than 6 months old. I have below questions, please help to ease the tension.

1. How we can check if photos have reached CIC or not, without tracking number?
2. There is no email for Spouse and Daughter Photo re-submission however their photos were more than 6 month old as well, Shall I send photos of my wife & Daughter with Suplementry identification Form or wait till i get email or letter on the address provided?
3. Shall I send the photos for me again by DHL Dubai to ensure atleast those can be tracked?
4. Would there be any problems sending photos from Overseas as I am not in the Canada physically now.
5. Shall I apply for PRTD and if yes, what reasons could be valid to ensure approval on PRTD.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Kamal Goswami
Don't spam the forum with the same post.

Reactions: kamalnba

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
In same boat.
what did you do in this case and what is latest on this?
I got a chance to speak to Agent in CIC. She sent an email with Instructions which says send the new photos with explaining letter to below address.

Case Processing Centre - PRC
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Done as advised, photos reached. Yesterday my profile was showing updated and now again changed to Submitted. For my Daughter, its still showing Submitted no change.

utsavvora

Mar 5, 2024
Hi Kamal,

What exactly did you mention on the explaining letter?
I have also done a soft landing and now been requested for a new photo

Thanks