+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Photo query

JVO

Feb 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

We took a photo at the studio today and only 1 photo was stamped.

They lady said only 1 is needed since the other photo will be scanned and cic do not want it stamped. is this true? if so do I print my name on both or just on the one with stamped.

Thanks

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
JVO said:
Hi everyone,

They lady said only 1 is needed since the other photo will be scanned and cic do not want it stamped. is this true? if so do I print my name on both or just on the one with stamped.

Thanks
I THNIK SHE IS WRONG.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
JVO said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
It has to be done on both.

Read the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
JVO said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
It has to be done on both. They mixed it with passport photo requirements where stamp is required only on the back of one photo.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
It has to be done on both.

Read the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp
They don't have to write DOB

Am I correct ?

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
JVO said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Hi
I do not think she is right.....to be safe, go back to the studio and ask them to stamp the other one.

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
JVO said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Both photos should be stamped for Citizenship application. But when you apply for passport, only one photo needs to be stamped. I guess she got confused with this.

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
I was worried about this as well. Had photos done at Costco and while dimensions were exact, only one was stamped. I ended up copying information from the stamped photo onto the non-stamped one.

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
I just had mines taken and i asked to stamp both photos, the problem that i see now its that in the stamp says guarantor signature, i took them at shoppers drug mart so now i dont know if i should go somewhere else to take them again

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PVN said:
Both photos should be stamped for Citizenship application. But when you apply for passport, only one photo needs to be stamped. I guess she got confused with this.
I agree... they need one photo with the information to confirm the details of picture
If there are multiple applicants the name helps to identify which pic belongs to which application

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simoncanada said:
They don't have to write DOB

Am I correct ?
You do not need DOB but you want to make sure it had date on which picture was taken
My entire application was returned as a result the date was missing on one of our picture

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
WantToBeInCanada said:
I just had mines taken and i asked to stamp both photos, the problem that i see now its that in the stamp says guarantor signature, i took them at shoppers drug mart so now i don't know if i should go somewhere else to take them again
This is for passport photos, please, make sure they took citizenship photo as they are different.......

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
bbssmm88 said:
This is for passport photos, please, make sure they took citizenship photo as they are different.......
the dimension is 35 × 45mm so they got that right, the stamp on the back its the one that seems to be for passport, the problem is that when i asked for a different stamp i was told that was the only one they have , therefore i dont know if i should go somewhere else, i only know costco and waltmart but i have a feeling that their stamps are akin to the one from shoppers, so if anybody has any suggestion as to where take citizenship pictures i will appreciate it