+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD scholar work experience requirement

sumanc080

Jan 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I Will be applying for PR soon. I am a PhD (recently graduated).

Has anyone with a PhD (less than 1yr experience post PhD) has got success with their PR application?

I do have research experience of more than 4 years as a junior research fellow and senior research fellow, during PhD tenure. Is this experience is good enough to apply for PR as the main applicant?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I Will be applying for PR soon. I am a PhD (recently graduated).

Has anyone with a PhD (less than 1yr experience post PhD) has got success with their PR application?

I do have research experience of more than 4 years as a junior research fellow and senior research fellow, during PhD tenure. Is this experience is good enough to apply for PR as the main applicant?
I am in the PR process as a PhD, but I do have more than 1 year of experience after graduation working on the industry (not research). I'm using my years as Research Assistant (half-time) to add to my work experience. If you were hired by the university, and you worked and got paid, and the university can provide you with work reference letters then I don't see why not, as long as you did 1 continuous year of work, which may be tricky because of the breaks.

You need to have at least one year of continuous employment to qualify for the FSW stream. I also think that there's an exception for CEC (people with Canadian work experience and some other things too) applicants and their jobs as research assistants, in which under CEC they cannot count their research assistant job as work for some reason. But I'm not sure about that.

How many CRS points do you have?

sumanc080

Jan 23, 2020
Hello
I am getting a score of 484 if I get ielts score of 8777.
I did my phd from 2013 to 2019 and i have 3 years experience as junior research fellow from 2013-2015 and then as senior research fellow from august 2018 as a full time employee and paid by government body.
I am in a dilemma weather this experience that is earned while doing phd will be counted or not. As i am a phd i have to be the primary applicant

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello
I am getting a score of 484 if I get ielts score of 8777.
I did my phd from 2013 to 2019 and i have 3 years experience as junior research fellow from 2013-2015 and then as senior research fellow from august 2018 as a full time employee and paid by government body.
I am in a dilemma weather this experience that is earned while doing phd will be counted or not. As i am a phd i have to be the primary applicant
It can count. What would your NOC be for this work?

savca

Jul 8, 2022
Hello,
I was employed as Project Fellow at a college in university of Delhi under a UGC Major research grant and I was paid for 3 years. I have an experience letter from college. Does the Project Fellow post also serve as work experience?

I was also a CSIR direct SRF from 2017 to 2020, but I claimed this fellowship during my PhD tenure (2016 to present). Can i claim this SRF tenure as work experience as well?

Jul 9, 2022
Hello,
I was employed as Project Fellow at a college in university of Delhi under a UGC Major research grant and I was paid for 3 years. I have an experience letter from college. Does the Project Fellow post also serve as work experience?

I was also a CSIR direct SRF from 2017 to 2020, but I claimed this fellowship during my PhD tenure (2016 to present). Can i claim this SRF tenure as work experience as well?
It's countable work experience, provided that all other requirements are met (continuity, hours, job responsibilities match those of primary NOC).

Always start your own thread with questions about your situation rather than adding a post to someone else's thread from long ago. Most people are disinclined to open these older threads, and people who don't start their own threads often do not receive answers.