+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phd Requirements

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've done Masters in Information Technology ( Not Thesis Based ) - 2 years. What are the acadmic requirements to take admission in the PHD program ? How much bands in IELTS are requirement ?

My Profile:

Msc IT : 76% Overall
( 1st semester: 82% , Second: 68%, Third: 77% , Fourth: 80% )

BCA : 62% ( 8 Backlogs )
+12: 75%

IELTS: 6.5 Bands ( Not less than 6.0 in any module )

If I'm not eligible for PHD then how can i show logical progression in my study to CIC after doing a master ?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
1st requirement is that your Masters need to be a thesis based. How will you prove your point that you are interested in research and have done some research works? All the PhD program in Canada are research based.

2nd requirement is that you need to get hold of a potential supervisor who is willing to recommend you to the PhD program. Every university in Canada requires you to have a supervisor for your PhD program. So you will need to contact a supervisor in the field that you are interested to do your research work. And if he is willing and advises you to apply, then you should go ahead with the application

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think, I will be not able to get admission in Phd program. So I'm thinking about taking admission in thesis based Master Degree. Do you think , VO will consider me as a genuine student ? I already have Master in IT from my home Country ( not thesis based). Can I satisfy VO with SOP to mention that I will take admission in phd after getting thesis based master degree in Canada.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
navneet10sep said:
I think, I will be not able to get admission in Phd program. So I'm thinking about taking admission in thesis based Master Degree. Do you think , VO will consider me as a genuine student ? I already have Master in IT from my home Country ( not thesis based). Can I satisfy VO with SOP to mention that I will take admission in phd after getting thesis based master degree in Canada.
2nd Masters won't be an issue. You can always justify that your choice of 1st masters wasn't right for you. Again for getting admission into thesis based masters in canada, you will need to have a supervisor recommendation. Sometimes when you seek PhD admission, the department offers MSc admit upon which completion you get admitted to PhD program.