+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD holders, postdocs, research assistants, let's network and help each other!

aaquarius

May 23, 2018
Hi everybody, my wife's duties as a post-doc are as follows:

· Applied an energy system model to characterize the conditions under which alternate technologies achieve high market penetration in the U.S. through 2055

· Developed sensitivity analysis to explore the potential role of alternate technologies (e.g., natural gas power plant with carbon capture and storage) on energy consumption and emissions reductions in response to state-specific policies and regulations

· Summarized and presented the results to EPA and external research community and conferences related to energy economics and environment

· Published a paper about the role of natural gas power plants

· Performed literature review and quantified life-cycle assessment factors for different types of power plants in the U.S. to incorporate them in an energy system model for future analyses

· Collaborated with other postdocs in EPA on the future scenario development and implementation project and helped with running energy models and analyzing results

· Co-authored a paper about Evolution of the US energy system

We are still confused to use NOC 4011 (post-doc) or NOC 4161 (applied science policy researchers). NOC 4161 description:
  • Conduct research and advise on policies or develop or administer programs related to transportation, emergency preparedness, communications, natural resources, agriculture, the environment, traditional and alternative energy technologies, land use, recycling and other scientific fields
I really appreciate if you guys can help us.

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hi there!

Are there any US-based PhD/MS candidates here? What are your timelines like? Mine's shown below in the order in which they were done.

AOR - Sept 6th
Criminality passed
Eligibility met
Security check in progress

aaquarius

May 23, 2018
Hi there!

Are there any US-based PhD/MS candidates here? What are your timelines like? Mine's shown below in the order in which they were done.

AOR - Sept 6th
Criminality passed
Eligibility met
Security check in progress
Hi Nancy,

My wife is also a US-based PhD applicant. She has already finish her program and is currently doing Postdoc. But her primary NOC is 4012 based on her RA during PhD studies. Our AOR is very close to yours (Sept 7th). Not sure what stage we are, because we have been in IP2, even before medical passed. How have you got information about Eligibility and Criminality?

Thanks

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hi Nancy,

My wife is also a US-based PhD applicant. She has already finish her program and is currently doing Postdoc. But her primary NOC is 4012 based on her RA during PhD studies. Our AOR is very close to yours (Sept 7th). Not sure what stage we are, because we have been in IP2, even before medical passed. How have you got information about Eligibility and Criminality?

Thanks
Hello!

I called CIC to find out about my additional document status (ADR = new passport) and used the opportunity to ask about the other things.

-Nancy

Reactions: aaquarius

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Hi everybody, my wife's duties as a post-doc are as follows:

· Applied an energy system model to characterize the conditions under which alternate technologies achieve high market penetration in the U.S. through 2055

· Developed sensitivity analysis to explore the potential role of alternate technologies (e.g., natural gas power plant with carbon capture and storage) on energy consumption and emissions reductions in response to state-specific policies and regulations

· Summarized and presented the results to EPA and external research community and conferences related to energy economics and environment

· Published a paper about the role of natural gas power plants

· Performed literature review and quantified life-cycle assessment factors for different types of power plants in the U.S. to incorporate them in an energy system model for future analyses

· Collaborated with other postdocs in EPA on the future scenario development and implementation project and helped with running energy models and analyzing results

· Co-authored a paper about Evolution of the US energy system

We are still confused to use NOC 4011 (post-doc) or NOC 4161 (applied science policy researchers). NOC 4161 description:
  • Conduct research and advise on policies or develop or administer programs related to transportation, emergency preparedness, communications, natural resources, agriculture, the environment, traditional and alternative energy technologies, land use, recycling and other scientific fields
I really appreciate if you guys can help us.
hi, can you please let us know which noc you finally used? i am in the same situation as i do not have any teaching in my postdoc experience?

thanks a lot!!