+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD admission

Rhythm -

Dec 4, 2020
Hii
I want to take PhD admission in Canada in 2022.
I have done Masters in Botany from Punjab Agricultural University and my OCPA is 7.44 which is equivalent to 74.4% and my bachelor's percentage is 76.25%. I have given IELTS alsoand I got 7 bands overall. Please guide me further about the steps I need to follow for getting admission in PhD.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Contact universities. At a PhD level, you need an advisor so you will need to contact profs at the school. Your field of research will want to align with your advisor.

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Hii
I have done Masters in Botany from Punjab Agricultural University and my OCPA is 7.44 which is equivalent to 74.4% and my bachelor's percentage is 76.25%. I have given IELTS alsoand I got 7 bands overall. Please guide me further about the steps I need to follow for getting admission in PhD.
Approach potential supervisors, discuss your research interests with them, the kind of departmental funding that might be made available to you- if you are able to find a supervisor who is willing to recommend your application, that is when you should attempt to seek admission to a university.

Reactions: Naturgrl
Nov 2, 2020
Hii
Dear Rhythm,

This is how usually it goes.

Step1: Make a list of universities you are interested in.
Step2: List all professors in those universities which have similar research background or it relates your academic background.
Step3: Try to read some articles of shortlisted professors.
Step4: Compile an detailed email which is similar to statement of purpose and shows your research interest, future thoughts and keen interest to work with him/her on his/her ongoing projects. Mention the name of projects that the professor is currently working on.
Step5: in parallel, start applying in those universities, some universities lets you apply without finalizing the guide or will ask you later in the process.
Step6: I hope you have some published papers, highlight those in the email and review more papers for some journals.
Step7: make sure that you can provide Reference letter from your Master's thesis guide and two other professors/professional.

Keep repeating step 4 and step5 until there is some positive response.

In the meantime, if you are done with your thesis, Utilize your time by voluntarily doing some research in your past institution or have some work going on, as you are applying. Leave no more than 3 months of gap after your gradation.

Best of Luck.

Reactions: Naturgrl