+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy internship

maged_mahmoud

Aug 10, 2017
I will settle in Calgary Alberta next November...I meet the requirements of the Alberta College of Pharmacists (passed the qualifying part 1 of the PEBC and IELTS exam with overall score of 7.5 )

Is it easy to find internship??

Is there any way to obtain financial aid or grant in case of unpaid internship??

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
I will settle in Calgary Alberta next November...I meet the requirements of the Alberta College of Pharmacists (passed the qualifying part 1 of the PEBC and IELTS exam with overall score of 7.5 )
You still need to take more exams. I think there are 3-4 depending on the province.

If you are not under an institution program then it will be difficult.

Is there any way to obtain financial aid or grant in case of unpaid internship??
There are many ways of applying for financing. Most probably you will have to get a student loan.

maged_mahmoud

Aug 10, 2017
You still need to take more exams. I think there are 3-4 depending on the province.

There are many ways of applying for financing. Most probably you will have to get a student loan.
Thank you for replying...but your information is incorrect

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Thank you for replying...but your information is incorrect
No, it is not. I know several pharma immigrants that have gone through the process and are now working.

Good luck.

maged_mahmoud

Aug 10, 2017
No, it is not. I know several pharma immigrants that have gone through the process and are now working.

Good luck.
Your information are completely incorrect...or maybe you didn't read my post properly
You said that I have to take more exams 3 or 4...this is incorrect
There are 3 national exams conducted by the PEBC after documents evaluation (I passed 2 of them after documents evaluation)
Each province will ask for law exam (ethics and jurisprudence)
In addition to IELTS exam so as to start the internship
The Alberta College of Pharmacists ask the candidate to pass the Evaluating exam + IELTS exam to be eligible for the internship
May question was not about the ELIGIBILITY of internship!

annelisse

Mar 8, 2019

Hello. Im interested in this too. How are you doing with your internship? what process did you go through?

annelisse

Mar 8, 2019

What do you mean by institution program? Is it like bridging program?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. Im interested in this too. How are you doing with your internship? what process did you go through?
In general it is hard to find an internship and a job plus salaries are going down. There are too many pharmacists because the amount of graduating pharmacists in Canada went up significantly starting around 10 years ago.

annelisse

Mar 8, 2019
In general it is hard to find an internship and a job plus salaries are going down. There are too many pharmacists because the amount of graduating pharmacists in Canada went up significantly starting around 10 years ago.
Oh dear. Did you try looking in provincial areas or away from large cities?

Are you already licensed or still going through the process?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will let others comment. I am Canadian with extensive knowledge of the healthcare system. Would also expect there may be some crackdown especially on small independent pharmacies who are charging the government more than they should.

annelisse

Mar 8, 2019
Will let others comment. I am Canadian with extensive knowledge of the healthcare system. Would also expect there may be some crackdown especially on small independent pharmacies who are charging the government more than they should.
Oh ok. Thanks for your help