BlackJeans

Apr 11, 2016
Hello guys i juz got a TRV rejection
They cited
a) travel history
b) Funds and assets
c) Purpose of visit
d) others: employer support document for purpose of travel

Actually i am a Malaysian, and i was actually quite confident of my application and the whole reason i applied because they sound very welcoming. The reason i am taking the examination to possibly to work there, i can opt to take the exam in UK london whereby it does not need visa, however i have to take the 2nd part in Canada. Which is why am worried i will probably face TRV refusal again for my 2nd part of exam. However i would really need hear an honest opinion of my chances for a reapplication since is it a policy of Canada whereby for people with intent to work there to have the lowest priority of approval, if it is i would rather cut losses and move to hong kong instead whereby the income and cost of living are similar instead trying to bang a concrete wall.
Are there many people here who succeeded after rectifying the documents after reapplication.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's really impossible to comment unless you provide your complete profile and explain what documents you submitted with your original application.

BlackJeans

Apr 11, 2016
14 days of stay
i am a civil officer
Available funds of CAD 4000--> sigh mebbe i shld have shown more since i did no liquidize it from shares
Bank statement of my active account
Letter of employment--> 7 years working
Housing agreement of the house i am staying--> i do have another 2 more property which i did not reveal
Purchased flight tickets and hotel booking
PEBC examination letter

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you have any travel history to countries requiring visas?
Any reason you opted for a 2 week trip? This might seem strange to CIC if you're supposed to be coming here just for an exam.
Do you have any immediate family you're leaving behind? (spouse, children)
Did your letter from your employer confirm that you are taking a short vacation to take the exam in Canada and then returning to work on a specific date?

BlackJeans

Apr 11, 2016
Sigh unfortunately no, i guess i will have to start from australia, i do travel to singapore, hk, china and thailand

Any reason you opted for a 2 week trip? This might seem strange to CIC if you're supposed to be coming here just for an exam.
I did mention sight seeing, although the reason for 14 days is because the available round trip flights are roughly between 10-14 days and i just chose the cheapest

no children, single, i do have a girlfriend which stays with me--> i am not sure i should declare her as common-in-law partner as there is no such thing in Malaysia

Did your letter from your employer confirm that you are taking a short vacation to take the exam in Canada and then returning to work on a specific date?
Perhaps tats the ultimate reason, i thought the employment letter would suffice
in fact the vo actually added a special section other: there is no employer letter supporting purpose of visit

anyway thanks for your time scylla for replying

Mar 17, 2016
scylla said:
I don't understand why it would seem strange to a CIC officer, that any person coming to Canada from overseas, having to pay about $1000 CAD for a round trip flight and jump through all sorts of hoops and BS to get here, would just finish their business in the shortest amount of time like 2-3 days, and get straight back to the airport to go home without any sort of sight seeing. The only people who travel like this are wealthy first world nationals who can afford to like such short business trips overseas.

BlackJeans

Apr 11, 2016
hahaha i guess they r not interested in people who have intention to compete with their local market
The ultimate interest they have is your money--> investment visa

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The purpose of your travel didn't play any role in your rejection, it was your profile: your funds, ties to your home country, and travel history.

BlackJeans

Apr 11, 2016
is ok in the mean time i juz head to uk for exam while preparing my documents for the 2nd part , simultaneously i will apply hk oso

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLY GUYS