+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy deleted from list of occupations in FSWP??

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Pharmacy deleted from Federal skilled workers program??
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:27:06 am »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Good day everyone. I just learnt that pharmacy has been deleted from the list of wanted occupations in FSWP. How true is this? Does anyone have the current 2016 list of occupations? What other immigration options are available to me incase pharmacy has been deleted.

Speedy response pls. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dr Nonsky said:
Pharmacy deleted from Federal skilled workers program??
« on: March 04, 2016, 05:27:06 am »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
Good day everyone. I just learnt that pharmacy has been deleted from the list of wanted occupations in FSWP. How true is this? Does anyone have the current 2016 list of occupations? What other immigration options are available to me incase pharmacy has been deleted.

Speedy response pls. Thanks.
There is no "wanted" list of occupations. This list no longer exists. All Skill A, B and 0 occupations qualify under FSW / Express Entry. You need to spend more time reading about the changes to this program that were introduced over a year ago (January 2015).

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Thanks Scylla. Actually the person that told me is a practicing pharmacist in Alberta. Are you 100% sure of what u told me. I'm so confused as we speak

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dr Nonsky said:
Thanks Scylla. Actually the person that told me is a practicing pharmacist in Alberta. Are you 100% sure of what u told me. I'm so confused as we speak
100% sure. You can easily check yourself by looking up the FSW/Express Entry program details on the CIC website (not sure why you didn't just do that to begin with). Or if you can't be bothered to do the research yourself, hire a reputable immigration lawyer to do the research for you.

Don't rely on friends. Friends often don't know what they are asking about.

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
@scylla thanks a lot. I guess he guy's knowledge is outdated. I've sent my documents to WES and I'm preparing for IELTS. Is it easy to get provincial nomination? If yes which do u advise me to go for? Also can I get a visa sponsored job for my express entry profile? Thanks for your help so far

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll have to research the provincial nomination programs to determine which ones you should go for (or hire a lawyer/consultant to do this research for you). Note that these programs are separate from FSW.

As for getting a job to support your Express Entry profile - that's really up to you. You'll need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time and permanent job. That employer will also need to obtain an approved LMIA. This tends to be very difficult to do.

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
Dr Nonsky said:
@scylla thanks a lot. I guess he guy's knowledge is outdated. I've sent my documents to WES and I'm preparing for IELTS. Is it easy to get provincial nomination? If yes which do u advise me to go for? Also can I get a visa sponsored job for my express entry profile? Thanks for your help so far
If you are applying as a pharmacist you need to be assessed by PEBC and not WES.
You really need to start reading the information provided on the CIC website.

buingotnhulac

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Vietnam
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police Clearance recieved by VO on 07-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-07-2015
File Transfer...
06-03-2015
Med's Request
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
17-12-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2016
LANDED..........
06-2016
There's been no longer the favorable or "wanted" categories for FSWP, man! Express Entry program awards you great points for Job Offer with LMIA!

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
@Scylla I've read CIC website. It says if my primary occupation in Canada would be pharmacy then I must be accesses by PEBC but if I would do other jobs apart from patients related pharmacy jobs such as pharmaceutical industries that do not require license them I can be accessed BY WES. My major aim is to get PR first and after that I can reapply TO PEBC and sit for the licensure exams. I am not ready to sit for the exams now until I get to Canada and settle for a while. Kapish? Am I right or wrong??And yes I've read their website lol

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dr Nonsky said:
@Scylla I've read CIC website. It says if my primary occupation in Canada would be pharmacy then I must be accesses by PEBC but if I would do other jobs apart from patients related pharmacy jobs such as pharmaceutical industries that do not require license them I can be accessed BY WES. My major aim is to get PR first and after that I can reapply TO PEBC and sit for the licensure exams. I am not ready to sit for the exams now until I get to Canada and settle for a while. Kapish? Am I right or wrong??And yes I've read their website lol
1. Did you read the part about having your educational credentials evaluated? You have to if you intend to apply under EE. So unless you have another degree, other than pharmacy, then you are out of luck and have to use PEBC

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Kindly read what I saw on CIC. I also contacted pharmacist gateway Canada and they said I can get evaluated by WES until I'm ready to write the licensure exams then I must get re-evaluated by PEBC

as a pharmacist (NOC 3131):
if you need a license to practice (for example, providing patient care in a community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long term care facility or other practice settings) the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) must do your ECA,
if you are in a position where you do not need a license (organizations such as the pharmaceutical industry and government which require a pharmacy degree because of the education or skill set, but may not require a licence to practice pharmacy), you can have your credentials assessed by one of the other designated ECA organizations. Contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practice your intended occupation.

STEPHOa

Dec 9, 2016
JJ777 said:
If you are applying as a pharmacist you need to be assessed by PEBC and not WES.
You really need to start reading the information provided on the CIC website.
Hello, I am a bit confused, So I am a pharmacy graduate from the UK with a years experience of working in a Pharmacy under the supervision of a pharmacist not licensed anywhere yet. I want to immigrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Program but the thing is I am really confused because the list says Pharmacist. I mean it is makes sense because even if I were a pharmacist anywhere else I would still need to take licensing exams in the UK. So my question is as a Pharmacy graduate with one year experience working in a Pharmacy can I apply under this scheme?

Thank You.