+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy Assistant/ Pharmacy Technical Assistant (NOC).

Pankti9

Jan 27, 2021
Hello,
Is there anyone who have applied as CEC under Pharmacy assistant but duties and responsibilites comes under NOC-B Pharmacy technical Assistant. Anyhelp will be appreciated.

thank you

Reactions: Artamnh

Artamnh

Nov 5, 2020
Hi
Which noc is that?
could you really get PR by pharmacy assistant job?
I thought it is noc C
So many jobs might be under category C but all that matters are your responsibilities, which could fall you under category B and also the type of pharmacy you are working for. Pharmacy technical assistant and your responsibilities can fall you under category B. And yes it is possible to bceome a permanent resident through this, but keep an eye on your duties.

ptl_zhr

Dec 31, 2020
Hey i am working as a pharmacy assistant in shoppers drug mart. But my duties are way different like entering prescription, filling, preparing compounds, blister packaging, and much more. So how can i apply for PR?
I need a detail steps so i can apply for my PR.

Thankx.. any help will be greatly appreciated

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey i am working as a pharmacy assistant in shoppers drug mart. But my duties are way different like entering prescription, filling, preparing compounds, blister packaging, and much more. So how can i apply for PR?
I need a detail steps so i can apply for my PR.

Thankx.. any help will be greatly appreciated
Are you a pharmacy technician then? If so, you may be eligible for PR. Research Express Entry.

ptl_zhr

Dec 31, 2020
Are you a pharmacy technician then? If so, you may be eligible for PR. Research Express Entry.
no, I am not a pharmacy technician. but I am a registered pharmacist from India so i am planning to give the evaluation exam in Jan 2023.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
no, I am not a pharmacy technician. but I am a registered pharmacist from India so i am planning to give the evaluation exam in Jan 2023.
So if you aren't a pharmacy technician at Shoppers, you are a pharmacy assistant. Being a registered pharmacist in India has no bearing on your Canadian work experience.

ptl_zhr

Dec 31, 2020
So if you aren't a pharmacy technician at Shoppers, you are a pharmacy assistant. Being a registered pharmacist in India has no bearing on your Canadian work experience.
Ya but my duties are like technical assistant. So i was worried should apply on that basis or should i wait for TEER thtat is going to be released in late 2022?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ya but my duties are like technical assistant. So i was worried should apply on that basis or should i wait for TEER thtat is going to be released in late 2022?
So what is your NOC? If you are eligible for EE, you should have a profile and submit now. Why wait in case there are draws that you would get an ITA for?

JJose01

Jun 12, 2019
if you are a pharmacy assistant at shoppers for sure you can apply for PR using title as pharmacy technical assistant. Noc 3219 . You don’t have to be a pharmacy technician as @Naturgrl mentioned to apply for PR .

You cannot apply if you are an OTC associate wheee you stock shelves in the pharmacy.
It’s confusing because CIC has mentioned this in a confusing way . For them pharmacy assistant is stocking shelves
Pharmacy technical assistant is the job you are doing at shoppers as pharmacy assistant which you can use . That’s what I used and I got my PR and i know lots of them who got PR the same way .

Reactions: Naturgrl