+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy Assistant/ Pharmacy Technical Assistant (NOC).

Artamnh

Nov 5, 2020
Hello guys,
This is Arta, i am already working full-time as a “pharmacy assistant “at a long-term care pharmacy in Vancouver, and i have lots of technical responsibilities, except for doing the final check and validation, the type of responsibilities that a technician does. So, i am a bit worried about applying under CEC, has someone in 2021 got his or her PR under this title?! I know so many of you guys did, but please give me an reassurance. Many thanks.

JJose01

Jun 12, 2019
Hello guys,
This is Arta, i am already working full-time as a “pharmacy assistant “at a long-term care pharmacy in Vancouver, and i have lots of technical responsibilities, except for doing the final check and validation, the type of responsibilities that a technician does. So, i am a bit worried about applying under CEC, has someone in 2021 got his or her PR under this title?! I know so many of you guys did, but please give me an reassurance. Many thanks.

M Waqas

Sep 27, 2022
My only question is if i study diploma of 2 years in pharmacy technician course (right after 12th class)DO i have to give exam(PTCE) in order to find JOB after graduation and also for PR. Plz help me to clear my confusion
NOC 3219
Pharmacy technical assistant

JJose01

Jun 12, 2019
My only question is if i study diploma of 2 years in pharmacy technician course (right after 12th class)DO i have to give exam(PTCE) in order to find JOB after graduation and also for PR. Plz help me to clear my confusion
To work as a registered pharmacy technician you need to clear the licensing exam.
But you can still work as a pharmacy assistant and use that experience for PR application.(pharmacy assistant jobs are not really hard to get- but it depends on the effort you put to find a job and your luck)

flowerrain

Oct 16, 2022
In Canada the duties are almost the same, except technicians are licensed to do the final check. There will be many overlapping duties

Sayeda Malik

Oct 2, 2021
Can anyone help me pls? I m really worried for my situation.. i m currently on PGWP and have crs score of 484 with 1 yr Canadian work experience as a Pharmacy Assistant… my pgwp is expiring on February 2023. Given the current scenario as the cut off level is still high, my employer applied LMIA for me for the position of Pharmacy assistant. Today an officer called to my employer and discussed about my job duties as she was confused between the noc 33103 (pharmacy assistant) and 32124 (pharmacy technician). My employer explained her that my job duties fall under 33103 but the officer was not convinced and she said she is going to approve the LMIA for pharmacy technician (33124). My LMIA application was submitted on October with the old NoC code (3219) for pharmacy assistant. But as the new noc came on November, the officer got confused between the noc 33103 (pharmacy assistant) and 32124 (pharmacy technician).
my concern is i dont have any pharmacy technician degree or certificate. If she approves the LMIA for pharmacy technician (32124) , will it be a problem while applying for pr?
1. I am using 33103 for my work experience ( still working) in my profie. Can i use this noc (33103) for my work experience even If the officer approve the lmia for pharmacy technician (33124)? Or the previous work experience and the approved LMIA has to be the same noc?

2. If i use the 33103 noc, Can i just claim the 50 points for LMIA that the visa officer is approving for pharmacy technician ? In that case do i need to provide the pharmacy technician certificate/ degree just to claim the point?