+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy and MBA NOC code for immigrants

NikitaS

Apr 28, 2020
Hi,
I am confused as to which NOC I fall under.
I have done bpharm and MBA in Pharmaceutical Technology.
But currently in working as a product executive in Marketing for a pharmaceutical company.
I don’t need a license here to perform my duties here.
So when I apply for ECA, should it be with PEBC or ICES?
I don’t intend to work as a pharmacist in Canada but be in marketing field.
Also what NOC code should I have?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am confused as to which NOC I fall under.
I have done bpharm and MBA in Pharmaceutical Technology.
But currently in working as a product executive in Marketing for a pharmaceutical company.
I don’t need a license here to perform my duties here.
So when I apply for ECA, should it be with PEBC or ICES?
I don’t intend to work as a pharmacist in Canada but be in marketing field.
Also what NOC code should I have?
You sound like you may have a very good job. Have you looked at the jobs available in Canada in the pharmaceutical industry? In Canada it is relatively small compared to India. For people with a well paying job abroad it no longer necessarily makes sense to immigrate. Your quality of life and ability to save is often better at home.

NikitaS

Apr 28, 2020
I need to know my NOC and if I can work in any Non regulated marketing sector. Because I don’t intend to work in a pharmacy as I would require license.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I need to know my NOC and if I can work in any Non regulated marketing sector. Because I don’t intend to work in a pharmacy as I would require license.
Marketing is a very tough profession to get into in Canada. Always has been. Lots of people who study marketing and only so much money that gets spent on marketing. There are a few top firms that get a lot of business. With digital marketing many are able to spend less on big campaigns and focus on social media. If you are leaving a well paid job and have a good quality of life I am just recommending that you talk to a lot of people about your employment opportunities and salary expectations. Your experience is also basically all in pharma so it may be very challenging getting into a general marketing job. Do you work for a multinational with offices in Canada? Have contacts in the industry in Canada? Even getting an unpaid internship can be tough in marketing. You will have to look at the list of NOCs and see what matches up best to your current role. Very hard to comment not knowing your exact role and duties. The jobs will be mostly limited to Toronto and perhaps Vancouver so your cost of living will be high. Are you married, will you have 2 good incomes? If you have children have you look at the cost of childcare in Canada. It no longer makes sense for everyone to immigrate as salaries increase in many places in the world and as the cost of living increases in Canada.

NikitaS

Apr 28, 2020
I’m single. And I’m looking for a better standard of living.
I just wanted to know if I work in a pharmaceutical company in marketing department in Canada will I still need a license?
My job duties include mostly in developing content for marketing communications, managing and creating online campaigns, etc.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I’m single. And I’m looking for a better standard of living.
I just wanted to know if I work in a pharmaceutical company in marketing department in Canada will I still need a license?
My job duties include mostly in developing content for marketing communications, managing and creating online campaigns, etc.
No, you will not need a license. Your NOC code sounds like 1123.

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/835832fa2f4c4f99bce15a868c0f73a6?objectid=vnXjPp9WeVtIDAqHxJvf7X7E12lq1YHl8NKaOJ3JBcIyMxrUkpdvc/69CPMnrfFU

Does your job match?