+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ph.D Research Assistant as NOC 2121 or NOC 4012

bxia33

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
My phd was working as Research Assistant mainly focus on research, could I evaluate as NOC2121 instead of NOC 4012?

Because if I could evaluate NOC2121 in my Ph.D as RA, I will have more points..

bxia33

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I worked as Research Assistant in U.S.A during my Ph.D education in genetics from 2007 to 2012, 20 hours/week, with annual salary as $20000

My job duties are:

1.Study the behaviors and stress response mechanism of plants under salt stress, heat stress, and drought stress.
2. Perform the experiments and collect tissue sample and specimens from plants to study the molecular pathway in plant stress response, and develop transformation construct with recombinant DNA technology to over-express microRNA, small peptide to improve the plant growth and resistance under different stress.
3. Design research strategies for research projects and trained several junior lab assistants.
4. Generate experiment reports, analyze test results and prepare manuscripts for journal publication, book chapter and patent.
5. Perform analysis on large public datasets with biostatistics and bioinformatics tools
6. Develop new transformation techniques to breed novel plant cultivars with stress resistance and better growth rate.
7. Study the fungi pathogen mechanisms of xxx in xxx, and develop a novel peptide transformation technology to improve xxx disease response.
8. Published 5 papers (3 first author) in the peer-reviewed international journals, 2 book chapters and 2 patents.

mohitkoladia

Dec 15, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no difference in points based on ur NOC.

Irrespective of 2121 or 4012, you will have same points.

I did use NOC 4012 for PhD RA experience in USA.

bxia33

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
The problem is I also have experience in PostDoc,

if I could use NOC 2121, then I might have more points.

bxia33

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
mohitkoladia said:
There is no difference in points based on ur NOC.

Irrespective of 2121 or 4012, you will have same points.

I did use NOC 4012 for PhD RA experience in USA.
Hi
mohitkoladia,

Have you got approved?

Thanks,

mohitkoladia

Dec 15, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bxia33 said:
Hi
mohitkoladia,

Have you got approved?

Thanks,
Yes dear check my signature. Approved in 87 days post AOR.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
mohitkoladia said:
Yes dear check my signature. Approved in 87 days post AOR.
Hi, Who wrote the reference letter for your RA position? PhD advisor is good enough or one need to get a letter from some university offices?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
rxyz said:
Hi, Who wrote the reference letter for your RA position? PhD advisor is good enough or one need to get a letter from some university offices?
If you PhD advisor can mention all the necessary details like dates of employment, number of hours worked, salary etc. with job duties, then one letter would do.

If not, you can get job duties on a letter from your advisor and rest of the information on a letter from the HR Department.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Maverick28 said:
If you PhD advisor can mention all the necessary details like dates of employment, number of hours worked, salary etc. with job duties, then one letter would do.

If not, you can get job duties on a letter from your advisor and rest of the information on a letter from the HR Department.
I am going to draft all the details for him anyways : ) he is going to only sign and print it on university official letter head.

SawBear

Dec 10, 2015
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if one can use CANADIAN TA/RA under study permit for Express Entry FSW? All the required official letters from HR and supervisors can be obtained with no problem. Not claiming any points for it , just to get the eligibility. anybody ever done that?
Please advise.
Tnx

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
SawBear said:
Hey guys,
Does anyone know if one can use CANADIAN TA/RA under study permit for Express Entry FSW? All the required official letters from HR and supervisors can be obtained with no problem. Not claiming any points for it , just to get the eligibility. anybody ever done that?
Please advise.
Tnx
No... Canadian TA does not count as working experience..

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
SawBear said:
Hey guys,
Please advise.
Tnx
It can be used for eligibility under FSW but you will not get points for it. I created a profile and my only work experience was two years as research assistant in Canada during my master's and I was found eligible for FSW by the system but as I said no points under Canadian work experience. I changed my profile later though for other reasons.

SawBear

Dec 10, 2015
karthik506 said:
No... Canadian TA does not count as working experience..
So are you saying that my application will be rejected? but the system shows that I am eligible, but it does not give me any points(As Aliii said). I dont need the points, my score is already beyond the cut off score.