+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pgwp

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Thank you for your time for reading this question

I recently graduated 27 August 2020 and my study visa expires on 31 Dec 2020. On 31 Dec 2020 I used the study permit to apply for pgwp and paid 255$ and payment has been through. They send me this:
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

and only that while my friend got that and submission confirmation together.

is that mean that I am now allowed to work during the waiting period?

Your response is deeply appreciated

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you submitted a a valid PGWP application while your study permit was valid you can work full time until a decision is made.
It is always risky to submit on the last day because the systems are not always real time, check the date received of the application in your account.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
If you submitted a a valid PGWP application while your study permit was valid you can work full time until a decision is made.
It is always risky to submit on the last day because the systems are not always real time, check the date received of the application in your account.
the date is also 31 Dec 2020. But I just worry about my study permit. Is study permit expired after 90 days after graduation ? If in that case I might use the invalite visa to apply pgwp. Some people said it is 180 days but I do not know which.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
jj
the date is also 31 Dec 2020. But I just worry about my study permit. Is study permit expired after 90 days after graduation ? If in that case I might use the invalite visa to apply pgwp. Some people said it is 180 days but I do not know which.
Your study permit expired 90 days after you graduated so you didn’t have a valid study permit. It expired on November 25. Did you restore it at that time...I don’t think you did. You have opened two other threads on this topic. Your PGWP was refused in December & You didn’t restore your status at that time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thats a good point, I think it is 90 days according to IRCC documentation but I dont think I have seen them enforce this rule, they SEEM to go with the expiry date printed on the document. So its a tricky situation. Maybe ask in the PGWP thread if anyone got PGWP applying 90 days after graduation.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
jj

Your study permit expired 90 days after you graduated so you didn’t have a valid study permit. It expired on November 25. Did you restore it at that time...I don’t think you did. You have opened two other threads on this topic. Your PGWP was refused in December & You didn’t restore your status at that time.
So what should I do now ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So what should I do now ?
You can apply 180 days after graduation but your study permit expires 90 days after graduation. If you want to stay in Canada you need to restore your status as you have been out of status since December 15. I still don’t understand how your study permit expired on December 31 if you graduated in august, unless you applied for an extension.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
You can apply 180 days after graduation but your study permit expires 90 days after graduation. If you want to stay in Canada you need to restore your status as you have been out of status since December 15. I still don’t understand how your study permit expired on December 31 if you graduated in august, unless you applied for an extension.
31 Dec 2020 is what is said on the paper I think. And I did not apply for an extension. So bottom line is that can I work while waiting for this pgwp?
Thank you

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thank you for your time for reading this question

I recently graduated 27 August 2020 and my study visa expires on 31 Dec 2020. On 31 Dec 2020 I used the study permit to apply for pgwp and paid 255$ and payment has been through. They send me this:
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

and only that while my friend got that and submission confirmation together.

is that mean that I am now allowed to work during the waiting period?

Your response is deeply appreciated
Why are you creating multiple threads?
You're not allowed to work as your PGWP was rejected. you are probably out of status.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Why are you creating multiple threads?
You're not allowed to work as your PGWP was rejected. you are probably out of status.
Yes I understand that but now I created a second pgwp application on 31 Dec 2020 with my study permit application expired 31 dec and I graduated 27 August. Is that mean that now I can work during the waiting period ?
Thank you very much

cybertruck

Jan 6, 2020
Please can someone clarify what's the difference between a Certificate & a PG-Certificate ? are these same ?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
[Q
Yes I understand that but now I created a second pgwp application on 31 Dec 2020 with my study permit application expired 31 dec and I graduated 27 August. Is that mean that now I can work during the waiting period ?
Thank you very much
Did you apply for restoration as well ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much
Did you extend your study permit in November as it would have expired 90 days after? Yes or no.
After the first refusal on December 15 did you restore your status to visitor or student? Yes or no

If you didn’t do these things you are out of status. With a refused PGWP in December and no status, you cannot work.

ira28

May 26, 2021
I received my completion letter(thru email) on Jan 14, but it was written that my graduation date was Dec 18. Even in the Transcript - graduation date was Dec 18. I applied for pgwp more than 90 days after the graduation date, but within 90 days based on email notification. My original study Permit was still valid on time of pgwp application, and included a proof when I received a notification email. My pgwp was approved < 30 days without any problem.