Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Good evening, Thank you for your time. I have a question about PGWP.

My situation:

I apply for PGWP and got refused on 15 DEC due to a misunderstanding in my official transcript. Later that day I using Wed Form and gave supported documents and hoping for a re-consideration. At the same time, my visa is expired 31 Dec 2020.

1) My question is what should I do? Restore my temporary resident status and try to apply pgwp again or keep waiting for the reconsideration?

2) And how long is gonna take for the re-consideration because I been waiting for over 2 weeks now?

3) And if I decide to go with the first option. Do i need to restore my status in order to apply for new PGWP? And how long it is gonna take? And can I apply both at the same time because I want to work during the waiting period.

Your response is deeply appreciated
real case of my room mate:

1. Finished studies in Aug 2019
2. Applied for PGWP in Nov 2019
3. Refused end of Jan 2020
4. Applied for restoration and PGWP in April 2020
5. Got approved in May 2020

If the study permit has expired, then it is usually 90 days time you get to apply for restoration of status. You should hurry since you need a PGWP. Due to COVID-19, you now have time until Aug 31, 2021, to restore. Check the announcement and instructions on the cic website, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/restoration-extension-trv.html

You have to restore your status to a study permit and apply for PGWP in the same application. You have to pay the work permit fee, ($255) + study permit ($150) + restoration ($200). When you apply online and upload your documents, you will be able to pay the work permit fee but there is no option to pay the restoration + study permit fee ($350). You should make that payment separately and upload the receipt under Client info. He did take help from a consultant because there were issues with the duration of his studies. He failed and college didn't allow him to continue. He then changed college so all this needed to be explained. Yours is a simple case so research on the CIC website and apply for restoration, incase the call to IRCC does not work for you. Good Luck!

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Yes, OP will have to Restore+Mention Rejection+Apply for PGWP again.
Unless, they took the webform and are in process of reconsideration already.

OP will have to call IRCC first thing tomorrow and act quick.
[/QUOTE
Agree that OP needs an experienced consultant. You may have more insight but the issue is that the OP doesn’t have a valid study permit (expire after 90 days). And when PGWP was refused on the 15th didn’t restore status as a visitor. I think OP is out of status so needs to focus on this too.
i understand but I already apply a new pgwp with the expired study permit and pay for it. Should I submit a wed form to cancel it and will I get a refund ?

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Follow the advice from @captainarabiia as you need to call and ask for reconsideration. Then resend all your documents. If you haven’t received a response to your web form then they don’t know you have asked for reconsideration. To them, your file is closed. When did you graduate?
I called IRCC this morning and they said that the wed form is not going through the system yet and I have to keep waiting. It has been 14 business days since I sent my wed form

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I called IRCC this morning and they said that the wed form is not going through the system yet and I have to keep waiting. It has been 14 business days since I sent my wed form
So they never received the webform. Did you ask them for reconsideration of your file and to restore your status since right not you are out of status.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
So they never received the webform. Did you ask them for reconsideration of your file and to restore your status since right not you are out of status.
they told me to wait up to 90 days and if not receive anything, I should restore my status.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
May I ask how long it usually takes them to reconsider a close case?
As I have mentioned before, you need to get in touch with an agent or talk to your school immigration advisors.
I'm sure every school has an immigration advisor. You are losing time and possibly are currently out of status.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
They will not reconsider. They have made the decision. You have to apply for restoration before it's too late. If they wanted any clarification from you then they would have asked for it before refusing your application.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
They do sometimes reconsider, as reconsideration is not an official process there are no timelines, you can look through the other threads and get an idea. Its important to call them and make sure they have put the file under reconsideration. I would suggest you get proper documentation from your school.

Reactions: captainarabiia

Exotic

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hi dear, It seems like you are having some issues similar to mine. If your PGWP was refused don't worry. I had submitted my webform on Dec 08 and got confirmation today morning that it was received. So IRCC is backlogged with webform responses by exact 1 month currently. Regarding the restoration, agent told me I too have 90 days after rejection. If I get negative response on my reconsideration after that and within 90 days we need to restore status as student or visitor whatever the case is. I would suggest be patient and wait for the time being. If you need any help contact me. I will update you on my case as well.

minhlia123

Jan 2, 2021
Hi dear, It seems like you are having some issues similar to mine. If your PGWP was refused don't worry. I had submitted my webform on Dec 08 and got confirmation today morning that it was received. So IRCC is backlogged with webform responses by exact 1 month currently. Regarding the restoration, agent told me I too have 90 days after rejection. If I get negative response on my reconsideration after that and within 90 days we need to restore status as student or visitor whatever the case is. I would suggest be patient and wait for the time being. If you need any help contact me. I will update you on my case as well.
Dear exotic,

Thanks for your information. May I ask this morning when they receive your wed form did they processed your case yet and how long do you expect they gonna re-consider?

my phone number: 778 873 9497 we should talk,

Thank you very much

Reactions: Exotic