Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hey,
My study visa expires on December 31st. I completed my course on 31st October. I am planning to apply for PGWP next week. My question here is, after 31st December what is the status of my visa if I don't receive my PGWP by then? Will I be asked to leave the country coz of this?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
As soon as you apply for PGWP your are on implied open work permit, which means you can stay & work until you get PGWP result.

fsaab

Jan 7, 2019
if you apply for pgwp before your study permit expires, you will be on implied status. In that case you dont need to extend any visa unless you want to travel and return to canada.

if you will not apply for pgwp before your sp expire, then you will need to apply for VisitorRecord before your sp expire. if you fail to do so you will be out of status.

so you have to either apply for pgwp or for VisitorRecord before your study permit expires. This is critical.

after you finish your studies , you no longer need to extend your study permit. you just forget about it.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
if you apply for pgwp before your study permit expires, you will be on implied status. In that case you dont need to extend any visa unless you want to travel and return to canada.

if you will not apply for pgwp before your sp expire, then you will need to apply for VisitorRecord before your sp expire. if you fail to do so you will be out of status.

so you have to either apply for pgwp or for VisitorRecord before your study permit expires. This is critical.

after you finish your studies , you no longer need to extend your study permit. you just forget about it.
thanks..
I've applied for my PGWP