+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp

Kush khanna

Jan 15, 2019
Hii I am international student.I started in jan 2018.I completed ome semester with 2.8 gpa and then changed to another program in may 2018 in the same college.Now I am done with 2 semesters of that program with 3.0 gpa.
I am taking off this semster for winter 2019 and would continue in the summer 2019.Will it create any issues for pgwp.
Please help me know what can be the consequneces.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hii I am international student.I started in jan 2018.I completed ome semester with 2.8 gpa and then changed to another program in may 2018 in the same college.Now I am done with 2 semesters of that program with 3.0 gpa.
I am taking off this semster for winter 2019 and would continue in the summer 2019.Will it create any issues for pgwp.
Please help me know what can be the consequneces.
The answer would depend on the program you have enrolled for and it's duration. Since you have not completed the first program it may not count towards your PGWP. If your second program allows for an official break in winter semester you may be ok but seems highly unlikely as most official break is in the summer semester but like I said it all depends on your program.

Kush khanna

Jan 15, 2019
Hii
As I spoke to the immigration department in my college.I was told that after completing atleast two semesters,you can take one break in one year.
So I am confused now wether I have taken the right step or not.In the cic rules it says you can apply for pgwp if have atleast 8 months of study in the eligibility criteria but in the non eligibility criteria it says you cannot apply for pgwp if if you have studies for more than 8 months but not continous.It is not clear.