+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

anishmarwah45

Nov 24, 2016
Hello everyone ,
I have compeleted a 2 year course and i am entitled to recieve a work permit for 3 years but i have only received it for one year where as all my other friends have received it for 3 years i need your help to sort this out . Thanx

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
What is the expiry date of your passport ? Was it a full time 2 year course at a designated insitution for the full 2 years and your graduation confirmation confirm the course timeline ? Were your friends even on the same course ?

Also just to clarify as an aside nobody is entitled to 3 years, the CIC website clearly says someone may get a 3 year if all conditions met.

anishmarwah45

Nov 24, 2016
My graduation certificate says it to be 3 years my classmate has got it for 3 years
some of them did flag poling as well. I have followed proper procedure doing it online and this is what have got in return . The same thing happened with someone i know and they changed it to 3 years . I am awaiting their reply do you have any idea how long does it take them to reply for a web form query?

kayacetinsu

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should be for three years pgwp. I know some people having the issue fixed with CIC.

pharma92

Aug 3, 2015
hi
it should be for three years, contact cic and ask them why it happened.
Also check if there is a law that they can change years based on each case.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I thought you only got a work permit for the length of your course? Mines was 2 years also and I am expecting to get a 2 year PGWP? Have the conditions changed?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I thought you only got a work permit for the length of your course? Mines was 2 years also and I am expecting to get a 2 year PGWP? Have the conditions changed?
The rules have not changed, a course 8 to 23 months and the PGWP would match the course length.

A 24 months and over course then a 3 year PGWP may be issued.

See work permit issuance section here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

It is up to the applicant to submit a solid case that they have met all requirements, attended full time and provided a completion letter from the learning insitution. People who do not get the PGWP they expected often dont meet all the requirements and some even do not have a passport valid for the time required.