+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

dbawa

Jan 18, 2016
Hello

I applied my work permit on May 16th 2015 and the fee was $155 then on November 26th I got an email to pay $100 for open work permit. I paid $100 on same day and upload the receipt on MyCIC account. And now they said my file was refused in December because I didn't pay $100.

But on MyCic account PGWP file is still "Open" and shows that additional document is provided. I don't get any refusal letter from CIC.

Today I called CIC they said file is under reconsideration. So, what is the best solution for this situation. My study visa is expiring on March 31st.

Thanks

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My suggestion would be wait, but you dont have enough time so call CIC and let them know that you paid fees as soon as you received letter and also tell them your visa expires in march. Don't worry mate, its not a problem

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

dbawa said:
Hello

I applied my work permit on May 16th 2015 and the fee was $155 then on November 26th I got an email to pay $100 for open work permit. I paid $100 on same day and upload the receipt on MyCIC account. And now they said my file was refused in December because I didn't pay $100.

But on MyCic account PGWP file is still "Open" and shows that additional document is provided. I don't get any refusal letter from CIC.

Today I called CIC they said file is under reconsideration. So, what is the best solution for this situation. My study visa is expiring on March 31st.

Thanks

Did you receive any refusal letter/email? If not, nothing to worry.

dbawa

Jan 18, 2016
J5M said:
Hi,

Did you receive any refusal letter/email? If not, nothing to worry.

No I did not recive any refusal letter in my email or in mycic account but when i called them they told me that file is under reconsideration because it was refuse in december. Any idea how long "reconsideration" file will take.