+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

leb

Oct 22, 2015
hello,

I have few questios about PGWP, i am currenly going to graduate from AI Vancouver on the culinary program and I will apply for the PGWP afterward, but during the time while I am wating for the work permit, can I still work part time[ study permit allow student to work while they are full time in school, but does it still apply for people that already graduate and wating for the PGWP?]

2. I am looking for option for apply PR later on since PNP need $22/hrs on whatever job, it totally no hope, so I am looking for the CEC, it said on the cic website [ have at least 12 months of full time (or the equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada with the proper authorization in the three years before they apply], can that 12months of full time or part time in differnt field, like im currently working as a chef but before I had 8months work as visual art assistant, can those 8months count? or it has to be the same field?

thanks

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

leb said:
hello,

I have few questios about PGWP, i am currenly going to graduate from AI Vancouver on the culinary program and I will apply for the PGWP afterward, but during the time while I am wating for the work permit, can I still work part time[ study permit allow student to work while they are full time in school, but does it still apply for people that already graduate and wating for the PGWP?]

2. I am looking for option for apply PR later on since PNP need $22/hrs on whatever job, it totally no hope, so I am looking for the CEC, it said on the cic website [ have at least 12 months of full time (or the equivalent in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada with the proper authorization in the three years before they apply], can that 12months of full time or part time in differnt field, like im currently working as a chef but before I had 8months work as visual art assistant, can those 8months count? or it has to be the same field?

thanks

1. You can work full time under implied status as long as you have applied for PGWP. However, your employer will ask for SIN.
2. Your 12 months period start once you get PGWP in hand. Experience could be full or part time. It must be under NOC O,A,B.

leb

Oct 22, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

1. You can work full time under implied status as long as you have applied for PGWP. However, your employer will ask for SIN.
2. Your 12 months period start once you get PGWP in hand. Experience could be full or part time. It must be under NOC O,A,B.
thank for the informations;

so the past 8 months I worked under thing wokring hoilday visa as a art assiasant [ I think it under NOC B] can it count for the CEC??

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

leb said:
thank for the informations;

so the past 8 months I worked under thing wokring hoilday visa as a art assiasant [ I think it under NOC B] can it count for the CEC??

It's valid on any work permit except OCWP or Co-op.

leb

Oct 22, 2015
J5M said:
Hi,

It's valid on any work permit except OCWP or Co-op.
Hi

So which mean plus that 8months of work, I just need to work another 4 months during PGWP, I can start apply for the CEC?

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

Hi, for how long the PGWP is issued if i study four terms (2 years)