+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP!!!

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Hi experts... need your knowledge: After completing a 2 year diploma, you become get 3 year PGWP? and if you complete this program in consecutive semesters (16 months) you'll get a 16-month PGWP?

tiger007

Champion Member
evanstp9 said:
Hi experts... need your knowledge: After completing a 2 year diploma, you become get 3 year PGWP? and if you complete this program in consecutive semesters (16 months) you'll get a 16-month PGWP?
Hi,

Remember... 2 academic years usually means = 4 semesters. It can be completed continuously in 16 months with no break( in summer/winter), or it can be completed in 20 months with 1 break( in summer/winter) or it can also be completed in 24 months with 2 yearly breaks(in summer or winter). It's all in same thing. Depends on different educational institutes. So, as long as you do a 2 academic year/ atleast 4 semesters/ minimum 16 months of actual study in a full time recognized post secondary course in Canada, you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP.

Similarly 1 academic year means = minimum 2 semesters/ minimum actual 8 months of study, again can be completed in 12 months with 1 break in summer or winter. Some 1 year courses have 3 semesters, with more credit loads/ or having summer co-op term, and usually PGWP for that varies as per course/credit load.

Hope its clear.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evanstp9 said:
I completed my two year diploma in 16 months because I had courses transferred in and got a three year post graduate work permit.

Good luck.

sqazi

Dec 18, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Remember... 2 academic years usually means = 4 semesters. It can be completed continuously in 16 months with no break( in summer/winter), or it can be completed in 20 months with 1 break( in summer/winter) or it can also be completed in 24 months with 2 yearly breaks(in summer or winter). It's all in same thing. Depends on different educational institutes. So, as long as you do a 2 academic year/ atleast 4 semesters/ minimum 16 months of actual study in a full time recognized post secondary course in Canada, you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP.

Similarly 1 academic year means = minimum 2 semesters/ minimum actual 8 months of study, again can be completed in 12 months with 1 break in summer or winter. Some 1 year courses have 3 semesters, with more credit loads/ or having summer co-op term, and usually PGWP for that varies as per course/credit load.

Hope its clear.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

dear
thank you so much for detail information but i want to continue my post secondary diploma course in same college. i want to drop the first two semesters becoz in that time i want to prepare for USMLE after step 2 i want to join my diploma course, is it possible to do? one more question as completed my post secondary diploma can i get pgwp?or if i leave 2 semesters can it will effect on my pgwp and pr?answer in detail please

j10000

Jan 18, 2013
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Hope its clear.

Dear
I VE TWO YEAR OF TRV HOW CAN I APPLY FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT AND WHAT DOCUMENT IS REQUIRED FOR OPEN WORK PERMIT. PLZ GUIDE ME IN DETAIL

THANK PLZ

vignesh arulmani

May 19, 2019
Hi. Im vignesh i finished my ug in india but i would like apply Diploma course in canada with any colleges, which comes under PGWP.