+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP with wife

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
Hi, I am an International student and my study is finishing in June. My wife is having open work permit. My questions:
In order to apply for PGWP, do I need an offer of employment?
What is the PGWP fee?
Can my wife renew her work permit after m studies? How much is her work permit fee?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You don't need a job offer as it is an open work permit. $255 fee.

Don't know for sure about the last one.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi, I am an International student and my study is finishing in June. My wife is having open work permit. My questions:
What is the PGWP fee?
Can my wife renew her work permit after m studies? How much is her work permit fee?
She can only renew if you have a qualifying job under your PGWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is the PGWP fee?
An offer of employment isn't enough. In order for your wife to renew her open work permit, you must already be working in a NOC A, B or 0 role at the time she applies at be able to provide three pay slips to demonstrate you are working in a qualifying job.

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
An offer of employment isn't enough. In order for your wife to renew her open work permit, you must already be working in a NOC A, B or 0 role at the time she applies at be able to provide three pay slips to demonstrate you are working in a qualifying job.
Thanks

shalinder

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please help.

My husband submitted the upfront medical with the application on Feb 28th. CIC has requested us to the medical and sent us the form that reads as:

"These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application."

We then called the medical staff; they said that they will send the request to embassy to link the IME with UMI. Not sure who made the mistake, embassy or the CIC staff.

We are just told to wait by the medical staff. They also said that they get 15 cases like this every month where they have to link the medical result with application. Where our lawyer has suggested to re do the medical. We have our application in limbo, not sure if we should go for another medical or not. Member with the similar experience/problem will be appreciated for the valuable information they will provide.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Please help.

My husband submitted the upfront medical with the application on Feb 28th. CIC has requested us to the medical and sent us the form that reads as:

"These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application."

We then called the medical staff; they said that they will send the request to embassy to link the IME with UMI. Not sure who made the mistake, embassy or the CIC staff.

We are just told to wait by the medical staff. They also said that they get 15 cases like this every month where they have to link the medical result with application. Where our lawyer has suggested to re do the medical. We have our application in limbo, not sure if we should go for another medical or not. Member with the similar experience/problem will be appreciated for the valuable information they will provide.
The medical staff are right. You medical exam once done is valid for a year. There is no need to do medical again. Members in the forum with similar issues have contacted the hospital where they took the test and the issues were resolved.

shalinder

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
The medical staff are right. You medical exam once done is valid for a year. There is no need to do medical again. Members in the forum with similar issues have contacted the hospital where they took the test and the issues were resolved.
Thanks buddy. I hope what you have said is true. Let's see what happens .