+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP with spouse 2021 - processing time soon expires

mena1985

Dec 26, 2019
yeah exactly, we applied on May 7, it almost 4 months now!
But it’s good to hear, we are not alone. Probably applications with dependents are processing slower ? Which totally doesn’t make sense, the whole families should be their priority. Even more if we have kids. I am happy that we could at lease extend the Alberta health care for us, otherwise I will have to buy some private health insurance at least for my kid.
In case you have any news reg your application, please let me know here. I will do the same.
Thanks
Have you applied for a visitor extension for your kid?

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Now they are asking to resubmit visitor applications that were submitted before September 7th. Do you think we have to do the same with kid applications?
I just read about it and they say if you need to travel to Canada you should resubmit. But we are already in Canada and I am asking for extension for my kid, so I assume we don’t need to, right ?

mena1985

Dec 26, 2019
I just read about it and they say if you need to travel to Canada you should resubmit. But we are already in Canada and I am asking for extension for my kid, so I assume we don’t need to, right ?
Yes, I assume that those rules are for the newcomers and I hope so

mena1985

Dec 26, 2019
nothing :-(
Same here, I believe that having a visitor extension application included can be the reason so it makes the whole thing look like a visitor extension application rather than a work permit application. Visitor extensions can take forever because they can never be in rush to get their applications processed. I think the best thing was to submit the work permit application separately.

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Same here, I believe that having a visitor extension application included can be the reason so it makes the whole thing look like a visitor extension application rather than a work permit application. Visitor extensions can take forever because they can never be in rush to get their applications processed. I think the best thing was to submit the work permit application separately.
maybe, but I submitted the pgwp on May 7th and then my kids visitor extension in July (because I was waiting for a new passport)

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, just wanted to tell you we got the application approved this saturday. So almost 6 months after we applied. All 3 of us got approved.

Reactions: mena1985