+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP while on study visa

Baha.A.T

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am confused about the future of my applications to the CIC.
I am currently on a student visa and I'm done with a one year program and currently half way through the second program.
I've already applied for PR on November 15th and still waiting for it to be approved. Meanwhile, I just had a job offer for a full time job in Canada. Therefore, I need to apply for a PGWP.

my intention is to continue studying (night classes) while working full time in the morning.

my questions are:
1. since I graduated the first program on june 17th 2019 and i have already passed the threshold for applying for a PGWP on my first educational program (>180 days), would it be acceptable for CIC to apply using this degree along with my current (undergoing) degree using current transcripts and without providing a letter of program completion for the second program?

2. would applying for a PGWP while on study permit impact my PR or study permit applications?

Thank you in advance

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I mean do you want 1 yr or 3 yrs pgwp? How likely is your PR likely to be approved. What's your CRS score?

If you dont need more than 1 yr pgwp and are confident to get pr then apply without 2nd program

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,
I am confused about the future of my applications to the CIC.
I am currently on a student visa and I'm done with a one year program and currently half way through the second program.
I've already applied for PR on November 15th and still waiting for it to be approved. Meanwhile, I just had a job offer for a full time job in Canada. Therefore, I need to apply for a PGWP.

my intention is to continue studying (night classes) while working full time in the morning.

my questions are:
1. since I graduated the first program on june 17th 2019 and i have already passed the threshold for applying for a PGWP on my first educational program (>180 days), would it be acceptable for CIC to apply using this degree along with my current (undergoing) degree using current transcripts and without providing a letter of program completion for the second program?

2. would applying for a PGWP while on study permit impact my PR or study permit applications?

Thank you in advance
You can't get a PGWP right now. You are beyond the deadline for your first program and haven't finished your second.

Reactions: bongoman