+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - urgent

Qgqbs

Aug 8, 2018
Hello,
I recently applied for my PGWP. I officially graduated in February and since finishing school I’m December I have been working part-time, my regular 20 hours a week up until I applied for my work permit this week.
I included a proof of my employment status as well as my original offer letter along with my application which both said I am still working part time and I was hired part time to work 20 hours a week, respectively.
The issue here is, I’m seeing o line that I was to have stopped working once I received my confirmation of graduation and transcripts. Now I am not sure if I have been working illegally despite still working part time -20hours till date.
From what I know, I could now switch to full time since I have applied for my work permit.
But I’m hoping my proof of employment and offer letter would not affect things.
Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
I recently applied for my PGWP. I officially graduated in February and since finishing school I’m December I have been working part-time, my regular 20 hours a week up until I applied for my work permit this week.
I included a proof of my employment status as well as my original offer letter along with my application which both said I am still working part time and I was hired part time to work 20 hours a week, respectively.
The issue here is, I’m seeing o line that I was to have stopped working once I received my confirmation of graduation and transcripts. Now I am not sure if I have been working illegally despite still working part time -20hours till date.
From what I know, I could now switch to full time since I have applied for my work permit.
But I’m hoping my proof of employment and offer letter would not affect things.
Please help.
Assuming you received written confirmation of program completion in February, yes, you have been working illegally since then. Why did you not apply for your PGWP right away?? That was a mistake.

Qgqbs

Aug 8, 2018
Assuming you received written confirmation of program completion in February, yes, you have been working illegally since then. Why did you not apply for your PGWP right away?? That was a mistake.
I had to wait to pay my tuition before I could apply. Which I recently did and applied immediately.
I was not working full time and my study permit is still valid till August.
Where I work made sure that I was working part time till I applied

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I had to wait to pay my tuition before I could apply. Which I recently did and applied immediately.
I was not working full time and my study permit is still valid till August.
Where I work made sure that I was working part time till I applied
If you had written confirmation of program completion in February, you worked illegally after that. It doesn't matter if you didn't work full-time or if your study permit was still valid. You needed to apply for your PGWG at that point in order to legally work at all.