+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Update: Did anyone receive Correnspondence Letter?

sairayasmin

Jul 12, 2023
Pgwp Extension- 2023 public policy (In Canada) Opted in but no response so I applied normally following the process for the public policy,

The process I followed for the application is here: https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/pgwp-extension-2023-how-to-apply/

Application submitted: May 29th, 2023

Payment by webform: 155+200 (restoration fee) =355 CAD on June 15th, 2023

Biometrics correspondence letter: July 24th, 2023

Approved on IRCC account and counterfoil update: July 25th, 2023

Secure Document dispatched: July 25th, 2023 (I knew by calling IRCC)

In Canada approval letter: July 26th, 2023

Received the physical copy of work permit on 28th July, 2023

patricklmm7

Jul 27, 2023
I applied to pgwp on 11 May,
Recieved the correspondence letter on 17 July, and I am still waiting for the approval, does anyone know why it takes so long as I've heard people say they normally received on the same day after receiving the correspondence letter.

Nerie2020

Jul 28, 2023
Recieved the correspondence letter on 17 July, and I am still waiting for the approval, does anyone know why it takes so long as I've heard people say they normally received on the same day after receiving the correspondence letter.
did you check your GC keys ? I got correspondence letter on July 28 and approved on GC keys on 31st July . I applied on June 15.

patricklmm7

Jul 27, 2023
Me too
I got my correspondence letter on 22nd of july and am still waiting
That's ridiculous...And
I tried to give them a call but invain.after inserting all the keys,it said the line is busy and hang me up.
btw, keep me posted

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
That's ridiculous...And
I tried to give them a call but invain.after inserting all the keys,it said the line is busy and hang me up.
btw, keep me posted
[/QUOTE
I am just worried cause I worked for 3 weeks after getting my transcript but i had not applied for the pgwp. This wait has been really scary as i applied on 11th of march.
I hope the officer overlooks it.

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
That's ridiculous...And
btw, keep me posted
I am just worried cause I worked for 3 weeks after getting my transcript but i had not applied for the pgwp. This wait has been really scary as i applied on 11th of march.

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
did you get your approval?

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Have you tried comparing the timelines with others? I found this new tracker specifically for PGWP, it looks like most people get it within 3-6 months but I’ve heard certain outlier cases taking much longer… https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/post-graduation-work-permit-pgwp-tracker/. Also, this is an extension you can try dialing in order to get to the IRCC +1 (888) 242 2100 2,1,2,0