+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP+TRV wants to visit homecountry

cassie2019

Sep 6, 2019
Hi,

I am under post graduate work permit and my TRV has been approved and now I am waiting for my passport to be stamped and for them to send it back to me. I am planning to have a vacation in my home country but, I am kind of nervous by the time I go back to enter Canada if officers will need proof of funds from me or any other requirements.

If there is someone same status as me that went for vacation that entered Canada again, what does the officers need or what do they check before they let you in?

Any response is much appreciated.

Thank you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, they don't usually check proof of funds or anything like that. If you have a valid PGWP and a valid TRV, they ask a couple of questions and let you in.

But of course CBSA can get as detailed as they like if they suspect something is wrong. In general, though, no need to be worried, you will probably not spend more than 5 minutes at immigration.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
With pgwp funds are not required because you can work full time. Anyway they dont ask even for students its only the first entry that you can be asked. Usually.

cassie2019

Sep 6, 2019
No, they don't usually check proof of funds or anything like that. If you have a valid PGWP and a valid TRV, they ask a couple of questions and let you in.

But of course CBSA can get as detailed as they like if they suspect something is wrong. In general, though, no need to be worried, you will probably not spend more than 5 minutes at immigration.

Thank you for the information. I’m still waiting for my TRV and passport, I’m just making sure they don’t require it because I don’t have a big money in my account especially after vacation.

By the way, do you know why it takes long for TRV + passport to come?

cassie2019

Sep 6, 2019
With pgwp funds are not required because you can work full time. Anyway they dont ask even for students its only the first entry that you can be asked. Usually.

Usually? So, there is a chance that they may ask for it? And, do you know if they require other documents other than passport trv and pgwp papers before they let you in?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Usually? So, there is a chance that they may ask for it? And, do you know if they require other documents other than passport trv and pgwp papers before they let you in?
CBSA can ask you any questions they like if they suspect something. However, 99.9% chances are that (assuming there's nothing shady about you), you will not be asked any questions about finances. Passport, TRV, and PGWP is all you need.