+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP to work in health sector

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,
My sister is currently doing her post basics nursing from MacEwan University, Edmonton. She will be applying for PGWP in December or January. She did B.Sc nursing in India and is in the process of getting NNAS advisory report after that she can apply for her licensing and for nursing jobs.

My Questions are
  • Does she need to take a medical exam and submit it with her PGWP application to work in health sector as RN or LPN?
  • Can we simply go to a CIC recommended physician and do a medical in advance for the PGWP application?
  • Is this medical same as the one we do for express entry?
All the help is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone,
My sister is currently doing her post basics nursing from MacEwan University, Edmonton. She will be applying for PGWP in December or January. She did B.Sc nursing in India and is in the process of getting NNAS advisory report after that she can apply for her licensing and for nursing jobs.

My Questions are
  • Does she need to take a medical exam and submit it with her PGWP application to work in health sector as RN or LPN?
  • Can we simply go to a CIC recommended physician and do a medical in advance for the PGWP application?
  • Is this medical same as the one we do for express entry?
All the help is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Yes, she needs a medical.

Yes, she can just go to a Panel Physician to do an upfront medical.

Yes.