+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP tied to SOWP, how to extend?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
So I am graduating next year in april. My wife is here on a SOWP. my study permit and her work permit expire July 31st 2024.

I am trying to figure out a timeline of what needs to happen.

I will be applying for a PGWP, which I assume will take at least a few weeks to process.

1. in this time, can I still work or I need to stop working as soon as I graduate and process the PGWP, or is it ok to work.
2. for my wife, what needs to happen to extend her permit? do I need to get the PGWP and then apply for her extension? how does that work?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
So I am graduating next year in april. My wife is here on a SOWP. my study permit and her work permit expire July 31st 2024.

I am trying to figure out a timeline of what needs to happen.

I will be applying for a PGWP, which I assume will take at least a few weeks to process.

1. in this time, can I still work or I need to stop working as soon as I graduate and process the PGWP, or is it ok to work.
2. for my wife, what needs to happen to extend her permit? do I need to get the PGWP and then apply for her extension? how does that work?
1. stop working as soon as you graduate. but if you file your PGWP application before your SP expires, you cqn start working again.
2. when i applied for my PGWP back in 2020, I included my wife's SOWP extension application. was approved together with my PGWP. don't know if its because of the pandemic lockdown that time.

Reactions: joeythecat