+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP taking too long.

Gashti_gashti

Aug 26, 2021
I made an application for my post-graduation work permit in January 2021. (Online-outside Canada) The avg. processing time was 22 weeks when I applied. However, it has been more than 30 weeks (>8months) and I have received no update. This has been very frustrating. My study trv has expired and I cannot apply for jobs/internships until I get my work permit. The time it is taking to receive my work permit is hurting my employment opportunities. I'm stuck in my country and not sure if I should be waiting or pursue something long term here. Please share any kind of information. I have raised webforms but no response. What's the longest it can take ?

Reactions: jenny28865

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I am in the same boat. I applied (Online-Outside Canada) in Decemeber 2020 and I'm stuck in my home country ever since. I had been asked for my biometrics once in March. But that's it. No update ever since. I've raised web forms but they reply in a very generic manner. Being outside Canada I can not even order GCMS notes. What can people like us do to get our applications move forward in the process?

jenny28865

Sep 14, 2021
I made an application for my post-graduation work permit in January 2021. (Online-outside Canada) The avg. processing time was 22 weeks when I applied. However, it has been more than 30 weeks (>8months) and I have received no update. This has been very frustrating. My study trv has expired and I cannot apply for jobs/internships until I get my work permit. The time it is taking to receive my work permit is hurting my employment opportunities. I'm stuck in my country and not sure if I should be waiting or pursue something long term here. Please share any kind of information. I have raised webforms but no response. What's the longest it can take ?
Same situation. I applied in March 2021, biometrics completed in April 2021. There is no update because they haven’t started processing yet. It’s so frustrating waiting for them to begin the eligibility assessment. I wonder which was the last batch of PGWP applications that was successfully processed from India.

Reactions: shortybhavz

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Same situation. I applied in March 2021, biometrics completed in April 2021. There is no update because they haven’t started processing yet. It’s so frustrating waiting for them to begin the eligibility assessment. I wonder which was the last batch of PGWP applications that was successfully processed from India.
Yeah, it is quite frustrating. I wonder how many people are stuck in a situation like ours.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Yes it does show that my biometrics and medicals done. But that was done a long ago.
Alright. It shows me the date completed for biometrics but oddly enough not for my medicals. No clue what they are up to. Let's keep in touch. You are the only other December PGWP applicant from India I know.

khuranasanket

Aug 19, 2019
Yup I will update whenever I hear next from CIC. But it’s taking unprecedentedly long time to process the application.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Same with me, Applied PGWP from India on Feb, 2021. No update since then. When i called CIC they said the file is with Delhi and they dont have access to verify. Even the eligibility review is not started.