+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP stuck since 5 months , no reply from IRCC

Farha Telwala

Feb 8, 2024
Hello everyone , I applied for my work permit on August 31, 2023, and it has been almost 5 months since I received any information, not even a letter of eligibility. I applied via mail, and when I called IRCC, they said I was not eligible for the paper application, but they have informed the processing officer, and they will consider it a normal application, so you won't be rejected. But still, it has been more than the processing time, and I have raised several web forms and even mailed the local MP a few times but received no response. Please suggest how I can escalate my processing time.
Also, can I withdraw my application and apply again online? my study permit has expired on December 31, 2023
please help and suggest something because i am not able to find a job due to this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone , I applied for my work permit on August 31, 2023, and it has been almost 5 months since I received any information, not even a letter of eligibility. I applied via mail, and when I called IRCC, they said I was not eligible for the paper application, but they have informed the processing officer, and they will consider it a normal application, so you won't be rejected. But still, it has been more than the processing time, and I have raised several web forms and even mailed the local MP a few times but received no response. Please suggest how I can escalate my processing time.
Also, can I withdraw my application and apply again online? my study permit has expired on December 31, 2023
please help and suggest something because i am not able to find a job due to this
If you withdraw you will need to apply to restore your status and then apply for PGWP. When did you graduate because timing of PGWP application after graduation also an issue. Would suggest trying to reach out to your MP when or stop by their offices in person to see if they can help resolve the issue about whether your paper application will be accepted or not.

Reactions: Naturgrl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I graduated on 18th og August 2023, and I tried reaching my local MP I mailed them twice but no response from them.
Your processing time is fairly normal if compared to other waiting although the fact that you didn’t apply online and IRCC seems to be trying to figure out what to do about the fact that you applied by paper not online. Have you ordered GCMS notes. Would suggest speaking to an immigration lawyer (not consultant) about what you should do since this is a very uncommon situation. They will be able to advise you better about how you could potentially get your paper application considered and whether this is an option.

Aby12

Mar 22, 2024
I graduated on 18th og August 2023, and I tried reaching my local MP I mailed them twice but no response from them.
Hey so if you haven’t heard anything yet, go directly to your MP office and talk to the case worker, THEY CAN HELP YOU. The case worker can call and ask for your status. Ask and make as much noise because they sometimes take longer if you don’t.