+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP/SOWP - Last 3 pay slips not necessary anymore?

ricardo_9288

Dec 12, 2020
Hi all
I'm gonna apply for my PGWP and my wife's SOWP extension in October and I can't find the info about the requirements of the 'principal foreign worker's last 3 pay slips'. They just mention "evidence that the principal foreign national is employed". What kind of evidence they are accepting now? Did IRCC change the rules for it?

The only requirements that I can see are:
  • a letter from the principal foreign national’s current employer confirming employment, and their occupation, with a description of duties or a copy of their employment offer or contract and
  • evidence that the principal foreign national is employed in an NOC 0, A or B occupation at the time of work permit application until a decision on the application is rendered

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all
I'm gonna apply for my PGWP and my wife's SOWP extension in October and I can't find the info about the requirements of the 'principal foreign worker's last 3 pay slips'. They just mention "evidence that the principal foreign national is employed". What kind of evidence they are accepting now? Did IRCC change the rules for it?

The only requirements that I can see are:
  • a letter from the principal foreign national’s current employer confirming employment, and their occupation, with a description of duties or a copy of their employment offer or contract and
  • evidence that the principal foreign national is employed in an NOC 0, A or B occupation at the time of work permit application until a decision on the application is rendered
There may have been an update. Due to the length of processing times they may have taken out proof of 3 pay stubs to proof of employment when applying and requirement to be able to prove that you continue to work at that position throughout the application process. If changing jobs you should notify IRCC and send in new proof of employment.

ricardo_9288

Dec 12, 2020
There may have been an update. Due to the length of processing times they may have taken out proof of 3 pay stubs to proof of employment when applying and requirement to be able to prove that you continue to work at that position throughout the application process. If changing jobs you should notify IRCC and send in new proof of employment.
Thank you!!

Should I apply for both visas simultaneously or should I apply first for my PGWP and then for my wife's SOWP extension once I start working?

ricardo_9288

Dec 12, 2020
You can only apply for the SOWP if you are working.
Is contract jobs (freelance for example) acceptable or do they have to be full-time/part-time?

My apologies for asking those questions, but I can't find the information on the Canada website. I would appreciate it if you could let me know where I can find those details.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is contract jobs (freelance for example) acceptable or do they have to be full-time/part-time?

My apologies for asking those questions, but I can't find the information on the Canada website. I would appreciate it if you could let me know where I can find those details.
No you can’t be a freelancer. You need proof of a job from your employer.

Reactions: ricardo_9288

ricardo_9288

Dec 12, 2020
Ok. How about 3-months contract job, for example?
Also, where do I need to upload the my letter of employment in my spouse's application? Under "Optional Documents" - "Client Information"?