+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP + SOWP extension - Apporved

pratikzg

Jun 2, 2018
Hi folks,
My current study permit expires in December 2022, and so does my wife's SOWP.
I will get my transcripts and graduation letter in September 2022.
I have NOC A job offer, and the job will start on September 19, 2022.

My query is:
Should I apply for my PGWP first and then wait until I get my PGWP approved for the SOWP extension?
OR
Should I apply for PGWP and SOWP extension together? If yes, then how can we apply together?
OR
Can I apply for SOWP extension on my PGWP applied status?

I am totally confused as our permits are expiring in December.

I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

NPJ

Oct 26, 2020
We did flagpoling to get our work permits. While we were there border security officer informed us " You can work if your application is in process". So you both can work after August 22. Basically, its not an SOWP extension its just a new SOWP based on your PGWP. Note: Your 2 pay stubs and offer letter are mandatory documents.
Hello @CommentDebate ,
I know its an old post. I want to know you did an online application and then did flag pooling? How many months later did you apply through flag pooling?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
Hello @CommentDebate ,
I know its an old post. I want to know you did an online application and then did flag pooling? How many months later did you apply through flag pooling?
I am not sure about the time between the online application and Flag Polling. Flag polling is like a whole new application and not related to the online one. So you can do it on the same day or months later. We recieved a refund for the online application.

NPJ

Oct 26, 2020
I am not sure about the time between the online application and Flag Polling. Flag polling is like a whole new application and not related to the online one. So you can do it on the same day or months later. We recieved a refund for the online application.
Thank you for the prompt revert @CommentDebate . So you withdrew the application post flag polling?

hcueva10

Feb 10, 2019
We did flagpoling to get our work permits. While we were there border security officer informed us " You can work if your application is in process". So you both can work after August 22. Basically, its not an SOWP extension its just a new SOWP based on your PGWP. Note: Your 2 pay stubs and offer letter are mandatory documents.
Hi. Which border did you go to?

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All..My wife applied for her PGWP couple of days back and we have few questions:
1. How many days will it take to receive "Implied" status letter?
2. If she has 40hr Contract TEER2 job only for 2 months, will that be acceptable to approve my SOWP extension?

Last edited: