+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Soon expires...

KrisW

Jun 8, 2015
abaniwonder said:
AjBuck said:
Is anyone PGWP about to expire within 3 months and still waiting on response from EE?
What is the alternative that we have?
Having score over 400+
We are in the pool, qualified for CEC, OOPNP?
In a good job, in Ontario?
How do we get implied status?

This is my two cents. Guys if you are not sure of an information, do not try to give advise. You might be ruining someone's life in the process.

It is possible to get implied status so far you have a valid work permit when you apply to extend.

This is my situation which is similar to yours. I had a one year PGWP that expired on June 14. I had apply for ee but points had not reached my score. What I did was apply to extend work permit THROUGH PAPER APPLICATION which automatically puts me under implied status. To stress that point, if you have a valid work permit, and it will be expiring soon, as soon as you apply to extend it, you will be under an implied status. Since the processing time for WP now is about 109 days or thereabout, you have more than 3 months to continue working before your document is processed. Hopefully ee score will get to your point by then. Infact I applied to extend my WP the same day it was expiring and sent it through the slowest CanadaPost service. I was told by a cic agent that they only look at the date it was taken to the post office not the date it is delivered to them. This bought me an extra 1-2 weeks.

So now, if within that 109 days you cant apply for PR and your file gets processed without you having LMIA or AOR, it obviously mean your application will be denied. ONLY THEN DOES IT MEAN YOU HAVE NO STATUS IN CANADA AND HAVE TO APPLY FOR VISITOR'S VISA WITHIN 90 DAYS.

If not clear, shoot away with questions

Thanks so much for this!

I'm in a little bit better situation that my PGWP will expire in October this year...but with the EE point not dropping below 450 and haven't heard anything back from OOPNP (ACK received on Jul. 24) I don't think I will get the AOR for EE before my PGWP expires...

The question I have is CIC clearly states that the PGWP is not eligible for extension on their website, can we still send in the application for extension to get the implied status?

gdardi

Aug 3, 2015
hamoonExpressEntry said:
-Eligible for 3 years
-PGWP expired June 9th
-Eligible for 18 more months
-Applied for extension April 28th
More than 105 days and still waiting.
Wow! 105 days!! that is long wait.

how early can we apply for extension ?

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I called them today and they said they approved my work permit extension yesterday. Application was received April 30. So it took them 113 days to process 10 pages of papers. And I have not even received it in mail yet. Good luck everyone with your applications. Don't forget to pay the full $250 as they will return the whole application if it is incomplete. They will not ask you to send them the extra money. They don't do anything that might entail they have a heart.

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing time for online applications is higher than paper applications.

Something is seriously off the hook with CIC.