+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Soon expires...

AjBuck

Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is anyone PGWP about to expire within 3 months and still waiting on response from EE?
What is the alternative that we have?
Having score over 400+
We are in the pool, qualified for CEC, OOPNP?
In a good job, in Ontario?
How do we get implied status?

Please provide suitable answers....

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddy try to improve your score if possible by reappearing for IELTS as for people below 450 it seems tough right now. It may be different after couple of draws but no one knows their strategy.

Also apply for OOPNP if you have received PT interest letter.

And for implied status there is no way you can work once you work permit is done. You have to apply for visitor status. As PGWP is once in a lifetime.

One more option convince your employer for LMIA or PNP.....

Thanks.
Good luck....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AjBuck said:
Asking my Employer is out of the question... :(
Maybe it's time to find a new employer?

k3ndy

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
buddy try to improve your score if possible by reappearing for IELTS as for people below 450 it seems tough right now. It may be different after couple of draws but no one knows their strategy.

Also apply for OOPNP if you have received PT interest letter.

And for implied status there is no way you can work once you work permit is done. You have to apply for visitor status. As PGWP is once in a lifetime.

One more option convince your employer for LMIA or PNP.....

Thanks.
Good luck....
I thought you could still apply to extend your work permit to get implied status...

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's your score and how long did you get your PGWP for?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AjBuck said:
Asking my Employer is out of the question... :(
Hi ,

then there are 2 ways left.

1. go for OOPNP.
2. wait till the score comes down and until then apply for visitor visa to maintain your status.

also you can improve your CRS score

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
AjBuck said:
Is anyone PGWP about to expire within 3 months and still waiting on response from EE?
Having score over 400+

Please provide suitable answers....
You asked me how I got implied status in an email, I reply here in case it helps other people:
I applied for pgwp extension 2 months before my permit expires. I did a 2 years masters program here so I was eligible for 3 years of pgwp. My first pgwp was issued to the expiry date of my passport, so 2 month before it expires I sent an extension application for the rest of my 3 years eligibility. CIC still has not made any decision on my case, so I am still on implied status. I am working, I am in the pool, and I applied for oopnp. The problems are I don't have SIN, I don't have OHIP, and I cannot leave the country.

gdardi

Aug 3, 2015
hamoonExpressEntry said:
You asked me how I got implied status in an email, I reply here in case it helps other people:
I applied for pgwp extension 2 months before my permit expires. I did a 2 years masters program here so I was eligible for 3 years of pgwp. My first pgwp was issued to the expiry date of my passport, so 2 month before it expires I sent an extension application for the rest of my 3 years eligibility. CIC still has not made any decision on my case, so I am still on implied status. I am working, I am in the pool, and I applied for oopnp. The problems are I don't have SIN, I don't have OHIP, and I cannot leave the country.
Hello Hamoon, i am in the same boat. My PGWP is set to expire in July, 2016. I am due another year after that. Do share your timeline when you get your extended pgwp.

Thanks

Aman

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Sure my friend. I remember to share it here when and if I get my work permit. I encourage others sharing the boat with us do the same.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
-Eligible for 3 years
-PGWP expired June 9th
-Eligible for 18 more months
-Applied for extension April 28th
More than 105 days and still waiting.

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That feeling when you find out that there are other folks in the same boat as you :)

PGWP Issued: Aug 7th, 2012
PGWP Expiry: June 16th, 2015 (due to pasport expiry date)
Applied for extension: June 1st, 2015
Received application in Vegreville, AB: June 3rd, 2015

EE Score: 412
Applied for OOPNP: July 22nd (hand delivered)
Current status: Implied

Still waiting for an answer. I was eligible for 2 more months (until August 7th, 2015) but it is August 12th right now and I doubt that I will get an extension.
I know that I will have to stop working once a decision is being made, since I will no longer have a worker status and I will have 90 days to sort my status,
but will I be able to apply for a visitor visa?

If I can, will I be able to leave Canada and apply from my home country or I have to stay here and sort my status?

Honestly, I wouldn't bother applying for a visitor visa to begin with, but from what I've gathered, you have to have a valid status in order for your OOPNP application
to be processed (or maybe not?)

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your input! ;)

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
You and I are more or less having the same situation. First of all let me wish everything sort out for you. It is a tricky situation we are in.

My application for OINP was received AOR even though I am on implied status, however for them to make the final decision (nomination) I've got to have a valid status in Canada. That being said, I don't understand how FSW candidates outside Canada are applying for OINP? Most of these candidates don't have a status in Canada. It'll be great if someone could enlighten us? So the question is "is it possible for CEC candidates to get nominated if we go back to our home countries?"

d.r.

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you good Sir, I wish the same to you!

So you did receive an AOR for your OOPNP application? Good to know.
As for the status, I'm totally clueless. I'll try to give them (Opportunities Ontario) a call this morning
and maybe I can get some answers. I'll post here ASAP if I find out anything.

Good luck & Godspeed! ;)

abaniwonder

Aug 13, 2015
AjBuck said:
Having score over 400+

This is my two cents. Guys if you are not sure of an information, do not try to give advise. You might be ruining someone's life in the process.

It is possible to get implied status so far you have a valid work permit when you apply to extend.

This is my situation which is similar to yours. I had a one year PGWP that expired on June 14. I had apply for ee but points had not reached my score. What I did was apply to extend work permit THROUGH PAPER APPLICATION which automatically puts me under implied status. To stress that point, if you have a valid work permit, and it will be expiring soon, as soon as you apply to extend it, you will be under an implied status. Since the processing time for WP now is about 109 days or thereabout, you have more than 3 months to continue working before your document is processed. Hopefully ee score will get to your point by then. Infact I applied to extend my WP the same day it was expiring and sent it through the slowest CanadaPost service. I was told by a cic agent that they only look at the date it was taken to the post office not the date it is delivered to them. This bought me an extra 1-2 weeks.

So now, if within that 109 days you cant apply for PR and your file gets processed without you having LMIA or AOR, it obviously mean your application will be denied. ONLY THEN DOES IT MEAN YOU HAVE NO STATUS IN CANADA AND HAVE TO APPLY FOR VISITOR'S VISA WITHIN 90 DAYS.

If not clear, shoot away with questions