+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Risk of refusal

Dec 2, 2021
I am currently doing a bachelor of engineering (5 years) in Canada.

I failed my first semester and was put on probation to be part time. I took my second and third time (2019-2020) as part time and then I was re-admitted back to full time.

since then my GPA is above 3.0 and I have never taken a part time semester. I also took in the summer 2 more courses to compensate my missing courses.

the International student office told me that I might not be eligible for the post-graduate work Permit as I was part-time for two semester even though I was put on probation limit through the university.

I also took a non-credit French course with my first part time semester and couldn't take with the other because of covid-19.

In my situation what should I do and I might get refusal on my PGWP noting that I will be graduating in winter 2023

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
You will most likely be refused for the PGWP. You can get an explanation letter from the uni and write a good SOP to try to convince the visa officer, but it is an uphill task.

Your other options are to do a master's after this to extend your status and get PGWP after that, try to get a LMIA, go back to home country and increase points to qualify for PR, maybe some PNP option could help you.