+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP renewal and LMO

fenil72

Dec 14, 2010
Hello, I had a PGWP, which expired on April 4, 2013. I am currently employed in an ongoing full time position. Since I have applied for permanent residency under the FSW category on June 1, 2010, I applied for a bridging work permit.

Now I am confused about LMO.

Do I need one now, even though I have gotten this employment when under the PGWP (which does not require an LMO)?

Thank you,
FS

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fenil72 said:
Hello, I had a PGWP, which expired on April 4, 2013. I am currently employed in an ongoing full time position. Since I have applied for permanent residency under the FSW category on June 1, 2010, I applied for a bridging work permit.

Now I am confused about LMO.

Do I need one now, even though I have gotten this employment when under the PGWP (which does not require an LMO)?

Thank you,
FS
1. Well if your PGWP expired 13/04/13 you are ineligible for BOWP as your work permit has expired.

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

2. You need a valid LMO and only then can you apply for restoration of your status, which would have to be done before 12/07/13, you don't have enough time, so I think you should prepare to return to your home country.

fenil72

Dec 14, 2010
Thank you PMM, for your post; I forgot to mention that I have already applied for BOWP a month before the expiration of my PGWP. My confusion now is, should I have gotten an LMO? Do I even need one?

Also, since I am on implied status, I am still in Canada and still working legally.

My application for PR was sent on June 1, 2010 and received my AOR on Oct. 5, 2010. Received second AOR (complete application; all documents received) on Nov. 24, 2010. I got an email from the office of the Immigration Minister saying that they are waiting for results on my background checks.

With the above facts in mind, can you please advise me regarding LMO? I am at a total loss to understand some of these new rules.

Thank you,
FS