+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp related - PLEASE Help

Adeeb1234

Jul 1, 2019
#pgwp

Hi guys,

I am curious about the working conditions after completing studies. Looking for the experts advice on this matter.

I will be finishing my course and my LAST final exams on 13th August . My last shift is on 14th August (Part-time) and I am going to quit my job after that. Wil apply for pgwp after getting the completion letter.

According to the Immigration advisor at my institution, I can work after 13th August adhering 20hours/week as a part time, which is after my final exams (last day of exam) until my completion letter is out.

Can I work after after my last exam? Wil there be any concern for my pgwp or PR later? Or should I stop working immediately after my final exams? Does anyone have any similar experience related to this matter. Please share.

Thanks IA!

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
#pgwp

Hi guys,

I am curious about the working conditions after completing studies. Looking for the experts advice on this matter.

I will be finishing my course and my LAST final exams on 13th August . My last shift is on 14th August (Part-time) and I am going to quit my job after that. Wil apply for pgwp after getting the completion letter.

According to the Immigration advisor at my institution, I can work after 13th August adhering 20hours/week as a part time, which is after my final exams (last day of exam) until my completion letter is out.

Can I work after after my last exam? Wil there be any concern for my pgwp or PR later? Or should I stop working immediately after my final exams? Does anyone have any similar experience related to this matter. Please share.

Thanks IA!
I think you can work until the completion letter is issued but the thing is a few colleges are generating completion letter earlier and sending it later. If your college date the completion letter for earlier date and you receive it later then that explanation for the few days (Days between dated completion letter and you received completion letter) can be difficult if you are in trouble just in case. Even if you work you should be good as you can always the show proof that I did not get the graduation letter and I had no idea that I was declared graduate. IRCC came across a lot of cases and they are aware of it. Just to be on safe side, I will recommend not working, enjoy little vacation and celebrate your graduation. Of course I don't know your financial situation but you should do what's right for you.

I hope this helps!