+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Rejection Please help!

estelive

Apr 4, 2021
Hello everyone, I started college education in 2018 and graduated in August 2020. There is a 4-months break at my school. After 2 semesters, we got the school breaks. During this period, I took the lesson I had failed from the first semester and gave it. Later, I took my classes again in the 3rd term as a full timesin . There were 3 other lessons that I failed. As I was going to the project period, the school told me that if I did not give my unsuccessful lessons and raise my average, I would not be able to move on to the project period. After the 3rd term, I took my lessons from below and then passed to the project period and successfully completed it. However, in the enrollment letter, it looks like I studied part-time for two semesters. I have been waiting for my result for 6 months. What do you think is the probability of getting a rejection? Does anyone have such an experience. Please help me.

vietpimp

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Did you include an explanation letter to your PGWP application? If not, send them one via WebForm.

estelive

Apr 4, 2021
Did you include an explanation letter to your PGWP application? If not, send them one via WebForm.
I emailed the school and met with my counselor. I do not know if it would be confusing to include it after the application was made, but when a consultant reviewed it before, I did not see any problems that would be rejected here. But of course I don't know. I wanted to write to the forum to see if anyone had such an experience. But I am already preparing my documents to present evidence.

vietpimp

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
I emailed the school and met with my counselor. I do not know if it would be confusing to include it after the application was made, but when a consultant reviewed it before, I did not see any problems that would be rejected here. But of course I don't know. I wanted to write to the forum to see if anyone had such an experience. But I am already preparing my documents to present evidence.
Doesn't matter if you had already submitted your application, I would still suggest sending CIC an explanation letter, giving them full detail break down of your College years, if possible. I'd rather have extra information, which CIC might not even look at, than not have enough information and risk the chance of delaying the application process or rejection.

In addition to the explanation letter I said above, if you think the school might be able to provide any proof to confirm that you were a fulltime student since the beginning even though you had to re-take some of the classes/lessons, that would be even better.

Adding documents to on-going application is 1 of the purposes of the Webform so don't be afraid of using it. I am PR now but I used Webform before to add my confirmation of graduation to my PGWP application as well. I am quite sure you know that missing confirmation of graduation can lead to PGWP application getting returned/rejected but mine went ahead without any hick-ups.

estelive

Apr 4, 2021
Doesn't matter if you had already submitted your application, I would still suggest sending CIC an explanation letter, giving them full detail break down of your College years, if possible. I'd rather have extra information, which CIC might not even look at, than not have enough information and risk the chance of delaying the application process or rejection.

In addition to the explanation letter I said above, if you think the school might be able to provide any proof to confirm that you were a fulltime student since the beginning even though you had to re-take some of the classes/lessons, that would be even better.

Adding documents to on-going application is 1 of the purposes of the Webform so don't be afraid of using it. I am PR now but I used Webform before to add my confirmation of graduation to my PGWP application as well. I am quite sure you know that missing confirmation of graduation can lead to PGWP application getting returned/rejected but mine went ahead without any hick-ups.
Thank you very much for the clarification. I asked the school for a letter of explanation and wrote to my advisor. Today I will prepare and attach to my application. You are right, I have nothing to lose. It has been 6 months since I completed my application and I am still waiting. Perhaps with a correct explanation at least, I can turn this process into a positive one