+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP rejection because of 20+ hours of work

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@Sylla and @Naturgrl, please, let's bring a closure to this back and forth. I consider this as crying more than the bereaved. This would be the last time I would be commenting on this.
While i dont support your idea as its a violation of laws, doing so will put tax burden onto your wife. Ubereats, skip the dishes are self employed contracting business that CRA do not charge taxes at source and your wife will have to declare all the income. If you dont have enough RRSP to offset gross income, she will pay more tax. I guess you will later ask what if we dont declare that?

again, doing that requires you to be on the road most of the time, increase chances of being stopped by police for whatsover reason.Officer will definately know because you will have thermal bag in your car and if officer ask about your status, then you put yourself into more scruitiny

i recall International student who was facing deportation back to India for driving truck over 20hrs in Ontario.

bottom line, DONT DO THAT! You keep your family in possible trouble

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/5269138/international-student-arrested-facing-deportation-work-permit/amp/

shaheer_01

May 17, 2020
Bongoman is correct - they don’t immediately have access but if they suspect that there may be something amiss they will request access and check - that’s mostly how people get caught. The lawyer I spoke to said the exact same thing. I submitted an LOE admitting to the misrepresentation and then requested a TRP so I could overcome that admissibility so it wouldn’t affect any future applications where I might have to submit those payslips and the like.
Any updates? Did you end of getting your PGWP?

Adhik53

Jan 25, 2022
hi! I'm actually still waiting to hear right now! I believe my application is being processed currently! I did speak to a lawyer though who said it shouldn't be a huge problem as long as I submitted a LOE which is what I did! She said that if I did that, and still got rejected it would be because of a very nasty officer! Hope that helps, and I'll update when I get my answer!

When did you apply?
Hi,

Did you get your PGWP? Were there any problems for working 24 hours/week? Do we need to do something else if we did work more than 20 for few weeks like you?

Thank you, and please reply.

pipek93

Sep 6, 2022
Hi everybody! Just an update but I got my approved PGWP today!
Did you submit your application by mail or online? Is it normal for it to take that long? I'll apply for mine in January 2023, so I'd like to know because that sounds like a great accidental way to get extra time in Canada lol