+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Rejected 1 part-time semester

Liphla

Jul 20, 2021
So I applied for PGWP (Post-graduate Work Permit) on June 2020 right after my graduation and only recently got back from them immediately rejected on the 20th of July 2021 without asking for more explanation. Reason for rejection were specified as I was a part-time during Fall 2018 semester which I only took 1 course. I only took 1 course because I was not in the right place mentally as my grades were dropping until which I focus on healing myself mentally during fall 2018 to wind down and as such got better grades after. What are my next steps and options? Is there a way for me to get PGWP? Thanks so much in advance for taking your time to read and I appreciate any help :).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well you were rightly refused the PGWP as part-time studies are not allowed. Since you dropped out for your mental health, you would have needed permission from your school to do so. Provide the letter from the school stating you took a leave of absence. Update your file.

If you didn’t take an official leave of absence, you can try explaining your situation but again part-time is not allowed. Your options are a) leave Canada or b) apply for another Canadian program and get a study permit.

Assume your status right now is visitor.

NikitaLisbon

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
So I applied for PGWP (Post-graduate Work Permit) on June 2020 right after my graduation and only recently got back from them immediately rejected on the 20th of July 2021 without asking for more explanation. Reason for rejection were specified as I was a part-time during Fall 2018 semester which I only took 1 course. I only took 1 course because I was not in the right place mentally as my grades were dropping until which I focus on healing myself mentally during fall 2018 to wind down and as such got better grades after. What are my next steps and options? Is there a way for me to get PGWP? Thanks so much in advance for taking your time to read and I appreciate any help :).
Heey man, any news ?