+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP REFUSESD

Ssk97

Sep 23, 2018
Hello,
I have completed my 2 years study in 3 years . I was in last semester when I failed a course which you can only take in next year coz college don’t offer it any time soon . So I extended my study permit and for year till 31st August 2018 . I completed my studies this year on 20th June . Meanwhile I was Part-time Student From May 2017 to 20th June 2018 Coz I had no choice to be other than that which is why I took some elective courses till December 2017 & got my real Course in Jan2018.
It’s say :-
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:
- University , community college , CEGEP,
-publicly funded trade/technical school or
- private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees

I’ve studies full time from Aug 2015 to May 2017 & I’ve studied Part time from May 2017 to July 2018.
Please help me someone what shall I Do Now ?
Thank You In Advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I have completed my 2 years study in 3 years . I was in last semester when I failed a course which you can only take in next year coz college don’t offer it any time soon . So I extended my study permit and for year till 31st August 2018 . I completed my studies this year on 20th June . Meanwhile I was Part-time Student From May 2017 to 20th June 2018 Coz I had no choice to be other than that which is why I took some elective courses till December 2017 & got my real Course in Jan2018.
Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment only if they have continuously studied full time in Canada and have completed a program of study that is at least eight months in duration at a:

I’ve studies full time from Aug 2015 to May 2017 & I’ve studied Part time from May 2017 to July 2018.
Thank You In Advance
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do. Your PGWP was correctly refused. As you've quoted, one of the requirements to qualify for a PGWP is that you must be a full time student. Part time studies are allowed but only in your last semester of studies. You were a part time student for two semesters and therefore don't meet the PGWP requirements.

Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Thank You In Advance
Hi. Did you try reapplying for pgwp? Or did you apply for any other type or work permit? What was the reason stated by IRCC for your refusal? Is the one exact wording of what they wrote?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello,

Thank You In Advance
Dear when you knew that you will get this course next year, than you might have taken 1 year pg course that is 8 months long course to maintain study permit validity as you could not remain free in that period. So, you are supposed to get refusal.