+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refused: Whats my next move.

beatricebu

Jan 23, 2020
Hi there, kindly help out PGWP was refused the reason was that the requirement was not met because student must study Full Time without no time off in which I took time off due to some challenges in between.... I studied 1yr course at school. I got school letter, transcript and certificate was submitted with $255 payment. I was told to apply for restoration status because I applied for my work permit Oct 30 2019 I don’t know got 90days processing time, my study permit visa expires Nov 30th 2019 I got my certificate Oct 20th now am left with no status thinking will be approved for my work permit. Please kindly suggest what to do because am really scared and I got no more status.

I’m confused on what restoration application of status do I do study or work permit! Can I still reapply pleading towards the work permit refusal or get a lawyer to do the job or what next. Please help me out people who experienced such situation before.

beatricebu

Jan 23, 2020
Hi there, kindly help out PGWP was refused the reason was that the requirement was not met because student must study Full Time without no time off in which I took time off due to some challenges in between.... I studied 1yr course at school. I got school letter, transcript and certificate was submitted with $255 payment. I was told to apply for restoration status because I applied for my work permit Oct 30 2019 I don’t know got 90days processing time, my study permit visa expires Nov 30th 2019 I got my certificate Oct 20th now am left with no status thinking will be approved for my work permit. Please kindly suggest what to do because am really scared and I got no more status.

I’m confused on what restoration application of status do I do study or work permit! Can I still reapply pleading towards the work permit refusal or get a lawyer to do the job or what next. Please help me out people who experienced such situation before.

Feb 29, 2020
Hello,
I had applied for PGWP within the stipulated 180 days. It was refused at the last moment( i.e at the end of 180 days) saying that I had not done continuous study for my B.A.
I had a medical emergency during exam time and had to be admitted into a hospital during my 5th semester and had to drop out.
As the Official letter stated that I had no status in Canada I left the country and came home to my home country India.
My question is can I reapply for my PGWP giving all the facts and documents from outside Canada. My 180 day period is over too.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,
I had applied for PGWP within the stipulated 180 days. It was refused at the last moment( i.e at the end of 180 days) saying that I had not done continuous study for my B.A.
I had a medical emergency during exam time and had to be admitted into a hospital during my 5th semester and had to drop out.
As the Official letter stated that I had no status in Canada I left the country and came home to my home country India.
My question is can I reapply for my PGWP giving all the facts and documents from outside Canada. My 180 day period is over too.
1. No, the 180 days is probably long past.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello,
No, the 180 days is firm requirement. Did you explain/prove your illness in original application?

Kaifi

Dec 8, 2020
Hello my pgwp got refused for having semester break and part time studies, and i only got 22 days before the 90 days expire (90 days to restore). My only priority is not to have to leave the country anyhow, and i have some lawyer helping me with LMIA. Is that the best idea for me to save my status and go towards PR process?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello my pgwp got refused for having semester break and part time studies, and i only got 22 days before the 90 days expire (90 days to restore). My only priority is not to have to leave the country anyhow, and i have some lawyer helping me with LMIA. Is that the best idea for me to save my status and go towards PR process?
DO another program ?

Kaifi

Dec 8, 2020
I talked to cic and was told that I need to restore as a student while applying for work permit. Anyone got the same situation and what did u do if u did?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apply to restore your status to visitor so that you can remain in Canada. Restoring your status to student doesn't make any sense to me. You're no longer in school and you haven't enrolled in a new program. I don't see how that will work.